Which acrylic system will suit me best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucie

Reaction score
I'm looking to add acrylic nails to my salon, I have only used fibreglass extensions for the past 12 years but now I'm looking to expand on the nail side of things!

I'm not a massive fan of buff off nails, I would rather soak off acrylics.... If I'm wrong on this thought please expand!

I know the odour is down to a few things but we don't have the best ventilation (single glazed windows!) so is odour a problem these days??

I want an affordable nail system but a good system, I'm not looking to do a cheap course to use cheap products I want good results without having to put a too higher price on the service for my clients!

Any help is much appreciated! X

I'm looking to add acrylic nails to my salon, I have only used fibreglass extensions for the past 12 years but now I'm looking to expand on the nail side of things!

I'm not a massive fan of buff off nails, I would rather soak off acrylics.... If I'm wrong on this thought please expand!

I know the odour is down to a few things but we don't have the best ventilation (single glazed windows!) so is odour a problem these days??

I want an affordable nail system but a good system, I'm not looking to do a cheap course to use cheap products I want good results without having to put a too higher price on the service for my clients!

Any help is much appreciated! X

Contact Sweet squared for their CND courses and products, imo they have the best education available and their L&P beginners course is a good price for what you get! They can give you details for your closest centre.
With ref to ventilation, definitely needed with dust & odour, I have ventilation fans fitted in the nail bar (courtesy of my husbands business!) which deals with dust & odour as I have no windows that open in my salon, you can buy a system called Valentino which has very good reviews x

I used to use retention but I recently switched to nail harmony's prohesion! It's a new product and replaced their fusion. They do trial packs and the one I got had a huge tub of clear powder and a large pot of monomer easily enough for 10-20 sets, and it was entirely free!

Low smell really strong and easy product ratio to work with. It is at the more expensive end of the scale but not as expensive as cnd retention which I think is crazy and unnecessarily expensive. It's every bit as good if not better as well.

Give harmony a call and ask for a trial to be sent out.

Last edited:
I used to use retention but I recently switched to nail harmony's prohesion! It's a new product and replaced their fusion. They do trial lacks and the one I got had a huge tub of clear powder and a large pot of monomer easily enough for 10-20 sets, and it was entirely free!

Low smell really strong and easy product ratio to work with. It is at the more expensive end of the scale but not as expensive as cnd retention which I think is crazy and unnecessarily expensive. It's every bit as good if not better as well.

Give harmony a call and ask for a trail to be sent out.

How long ago did you make the switch? How have you found it with returning clients, is it holding up just as well? Xx

How long ago did you make the switch? How have you found it with returning clients, is it holding up just as well? Xx

Switched a couple of months ago and yes it holds up just as well as retention. I find it works quite wet like retention so getting the ratio right is easy! Lifting is minimal. I'm yet to try the cover or white powders but a friend has them and says they are nice colour wise!

Thank you!
Is that a soak of system? X

And who do you train with for this? X

I'm using Prohesion after switching from Young Nails to Retention. I really, really like this system. It's easy to work with, very strong, the odor doesn't linger at all, and I have not had a single lift since using it. I originally used the trial pack to infill a new client's set, and she's been coming back to me every 3 weeks (expect for this last time which was 6 weeks because she was out the country) with no lifts. She's a waitress and wears her nails very long. I have both the warm and cool cover pinks and they are nice. It's nice not having to premix anything. The cool cover pink is a opaque pink with a blue undertone, and the warm cover pink is more of a peachy pink with yellow undertone.

Latest posts

Back