Which fake tan shall I use? Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_miss_me

Reaction score
Hi im a nail tech but needing a good fake tan before i go away on sunday and i have used fake tans in the past and not been very successful i got a streaky tan rather than a even tan lol i was going to go for a spray tan in a salon but i just dont have the time can anyone help me and tell me which is the best one and any tips of applying it, i was going to go for the st tropez or fake bake is any of those any good?
thanks Bianca x

Hi I'm a nail tech but needing a good fake tan before i go away on Sunday and i have used fake tans in the past and not been very successful i got a streaky tan rather than a even tan lol i was going to go for a spray tan in a salon but i just dont have the time can anyone help me and tell me which is the best one and any tips of applying it, i was going to go for the st tropez or fake bake is any of those any good?
thanks Bianca x

Hi Bianca,
most spray tan providers these days offer an excellent range of product so ...just get out there and have one done.

You say you went all streaky when you last had a tan...this sort of problem is generally associated with either poor prep on your part...how long ago was that and did you ex foliate before the application.or alternatively poor application by the therapist.

Maybe try a different salon next time and do make sure you exfholiate in advance of the tan application,
HTH :hug:

Hi im a nail tech but needing a good fake tan before i go away on sunday and i have used fake tans in the past and not been very successful i got a streaky tan rather than a even tan lol i was going to go for a spray tan in a salon but i just dont have the time can anyone help me and tell me which is the best one and any tips of applying it, i was going to go for the st tropez or fake bake is any of those any good?
thanks Bianca x

Hi Bianca

A spray tan in a salon or by a mobile therapist will be done in a much shorter time than you applying (or having applied by a therapist) a fake tan by cream or lotion!

It takes me less than 10 minutes to do a full body spray!:)

Hi Bianca

A spray tan in a salon or by a mobile therapist will be done in a much shorter time than you applying (or having applied by a therapist) a fake tan by cream or lotion!

It takes me less than 10 minutes to do a full body spray!:)

I'm with Jules on that one. Why people spread tanning products on themselves every night I can never understand (unless its part of a moisturising regime) to build up a tan. Just go to a salon, you'll be in and out in a matter of mins and gorgeously brown the next morning :hug::hug:

More importantly have a great time away and try another salon, doesnt sound like they were too experienced, sending you streaky. Make sure you exfoliate night before and whatever you do, dont put any moisturiser on whatsoever on the day of the tan because it will go streaky and may even totally wash off altogether when you shower (it acts as a barrier between the solution and your skin, therefore will just sit on top of the moisturiser) xxx

Latest posts

Back