Which gel should I use, Gelish or OPI GelColor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all I need some help I'm wanting to change the gel that I have currently as I had to set my business up quickly and they were affordable but they aren't the best but I can't decide between gellish and opi gel color please can you enlighten me and advise me which one I should go for many thanks :)

I'm an OPI girl, just love it!! Enormous selection of colours, great coverage with minimal shrinkage and oh so easy removal. They have a great reputation and with 15ml bottles they work out to be pretty good value as well. I sell quite a few of the matching varnishes as well as the minis - great for holidays.... I'm so glad I went with OPI :biggrin:

Hi all I need some help I'm wanting to change the gel that I have currently as I had to set my business up quickly and they were affordable but they aren't the best but I can't decide between gellish and opi gel color please can you enlighten me and advise me which one I should go for many thanks :)

Well, they're both excellent brands, so you can't make a bad choice! In terms of pros and cons - HNH Gelish has an incredible range of colors and great effects, very durable with acetone resistant top coat; but poor quality control lots of inconsistent colors, fading separating, thickness issues – I sometimes feel that I am doing their quality control for them! OPI GelColor has a great base (with solvents) coat for easy removal, amazing iconic colors with matching rnp, good education, incredible market penetration; but it must be mixed very well, and you often get shrinkback. Both Gelish and OPI have great LED lamps as well. In this case, I think OPI's consistency of formula, great marketing, education and customer service edges out Gelish by a hair.

Thanks your advise is fantastic I think I was wavering towards opi as I stock there nail varnishes and would like a matching set :) do you know any good stockist? What prices are good? X

Latest posts

Back