Which gel to go for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lottiec8

Reaction score
I am just starting out doing gel polish. Would love recommendations on the brands people use and any to avoid? OPI gel doesnt last long on me and so I wouldnt want to use this on clients.

Also do people think branded led lamps are any better than cheaper unbranded?

Thanks in advance.

I currently use IBD gel polish and find them fantastic- never had a problem and my clients are getting at least 3 weeks from them
:)

I also love IBD just gel polish, fantastic range of colours & long lasting. I don't use an ibd lamp, I used to use an uv one but recently bought an led sibel lamp which works great X

I'm an ibd user too and would definitely recommend it. They have a great range of colours, a lovely finish and last really well, I always keep mine on for about 4 weeks to show how well it can last x

With OPI I've gotten a lot of success using IBX under it. It lasts forever!!

Hey, Hope you don't mind my opinion.
I started using Gellux Profile gel I stopped using them as they were shrinking near the cuticle area, I found Bluesky Gel Polish. It's a low rated brand but I love it! It last 2-3 weeks! Very easy to use and have a fab range of colours they are definitely worth trying!

Steff.

I use blue sky gel polish I think there brilliant

I'm an ibd user too and would definitely recommend it. They have a great range of colours, a lovely finish and last really well, I always keep mine on for about 4 weeks to show how well it can last x
How easy is IBD to get off? I'm used to cnd which you don't have to buff and after a few minutes it's already nearly done. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Take a look at Ink London, search for threads on here. I don't use it yet but I'm off to Pro Beauty tomorrow and that's one stand I'll be at first. Sounds really good and on here I've not heard a bad word against it. It's a uk company and all their ingredients are eu sourced so with Eu regulations as they are you can bet they're stringent. They sell direct so no added costs from a distributor so they can keep their prices low. Definitely worth checking out. I've been a nail tech for 15 yrs and trained with Cnd & Bio Sculpture love both products from these companies but always open to a change.

How easy is IBD to get off? I'm used to cnd which you don't have to buff and after a few minutes it's already nearly done. Would love to hear your thoughts!
It can be a bit of a bugger to remove if I'm honest. Not so bad on clients who have straight forward colour. But mine are usually a pain but that's probably because I usually have gel polish, glitter, stamping so usually have 2-3 layers of top coat which I think makes it harder to soak off but that could be the case for other brands too in this situation? I do always buff before removal but perhaps I need to do it a bit more.
But removing straight forward colour, it doesn't flake off easily like I see other brands do, but maybe it's just me doing something wrong! X

Latest posts

Back