Which Hairdressing Academy in Essex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to ask you all some advice. I am currently studing at central hair academy in Southend, Essex. But dont like it at all just because of the way we are trained and how most of the class just want to mess around and not learn. So I wish to leave to go to another academy or training school can anyone recommend any good ones in Essex?

Thanks
T

To be honest i think u will be hard pushed to find an college thats not got trouble makers who ruin it for others who want to learn.
If u get an apprenticeship u will get much better training,i have worked in salons before that have employed college leavers and their hairdressing skills have been poor to say the least.U would only need to go to college once a week to get assesed on things u learn.
Many salons will not employ college leavers as they are looking for people with salon experiance.

Thanks for your response im 26 so too old to do an apprenticeship. Dont know what to do try to find an academy in Essex that is about a grand. Some I have contacted want 2,500 so not sure what to do.
I am studying Beauty therapy at the mo as well so not sure if I should just continue with that, but I have always wanted to do hair as well though so bit confused lol!

T

Maybe not to old to do an apprenticeship,try contacting salons that u would like to work to test the water u never know till u ask.
Have u asked about funding for your course u may be able to get funding if u are not in full time employment,a college advisor will be able to tell u if u qualify or not.
From the beggining of this year south east essex college merged with basildon thurrock and southend so if u go to the website ,there are various hairdressing course held in these locations throught essex.
I think u would be hard pushed to study hair and beauty at the same same time,u need to maybe sit with your tutor to discuss where u think your training is going if your not happy.

Latest posts

Back