Which hard gel works well with Gelish gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amysnails

Reaction score
hello,

I recently qualified a gel extensions course and use gelish gel polish so am now looking into hard gels.
On my course the teacher said how some brands of hard gels aren't compatible with others and the gel polish can completely peel off, for the time being i don't want to use polygel but it seems that nail harmony have stopped selling gelish hard gel... does anyone know of a good UK or French hard gel brand that is compatible with gelish gel polish?

Thanks in advance

Not exactly a high end brand but bluesky buildergel seems to work okay with gelish polishes, I use bluesky a lot and my friend polished my builder overlay with gelish and it lasted as it usually does.

Bluesky test on animals and manufacture fakes.

You can use any brand of builder gel. The same goes for L&P.

You finish an enhancement before applying gel polish. The 2 applications are separate and therefore the products don't interact.

Gelish, or any gel polish, would peel off an enhancement if:

*The enhancement was filed too smooth - you just finish file with 180 grit and then go straight into the polish colour coat.

*The wrong lamp was used to cure

*The enhancement had some surface debris stopping adhesion

*The client exposes their nails to something that causes service breakdown

Use the right lamp and the correct brand specific supporting products and you'll be fine with any hard gel :)

Why not polygel? That stuff rocks. I find shaping the nail way easier than hard gel and you can make the nails sooooo strong but still thin. It's really amazing

Bluesky test on animals and manufacture fakes.

You can use any brand of builder gel. The same goes for L&P.

You finish an enhancement before applying gel polish. The 2 applications are separate and therefore the products don't interact.

Gelish, or any gel polish, would peel off an enhancement if:

*The enhancement was filed too smooth - you just finish file with 180 grit and then go straight into the polish colour coat.

*The wrong lamp was used to cure

*The enhancement had some surface debris stopping adhesion

*The client exposes their nails to something that causes service breakdown

Use the right lamp and the correct brand specific supporting products and you'll be fine with any hard gel :)

Thank you for your help! I feel stupid for asking but what do mean when you say L&P?

Why not polygel? That stuff rocks. I find shaping the nail way easier than hard gel and you can make the nails sooooo strong but still thin. It's really amazing

Just because i have only just trained in hard gel so would like to build up experience with it first. I probably will switch eventually but not yet

hello,

I recently qualified a gel extensions course and use gelish gel polish so am now looking into hard gels.
On my course the teacher said how some brands of hard gels aren't compatible with others and the gel polish can completely peel off, for the time being i don't want to use polygel but it seems that nail harmony have stopped selling gelish hard gel... does anyone know of a good UK or French hard gel brand that is compatible with gelish gel polish?

Thanks in advance

Gelish also have their own hard gel line apart from polygel which requires a different set of skills. All you need to do is prove that you are qualified and nail harmony will sell you their hard gels.

Latest posts

Back