Which is more profitable when you include retailing, waxing or facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lks

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

I'm excited to say that I'll be enrolling in beauty school very soon! I was thinking of specializing in waxing (particularly brazilian bikini for men and women) or facials (particularly acne and anti-aging). One of the factors I'm considering to make my decision is profitability.

I've read through old threads here and on other sites that say that waxing is the most profitable treatment, but I wonder if things change if you include retailing. Retail can be a fair percentage of your business (and it should be!) and I feel like there is more of an opportunity for it when doing facials, especially if you have a great skin care brand like Environ to offer your clients.

Product costs are more expensive for facials though, so that's also something to consider. I know that many people don't retail for whatever reason or retail very little, but for those that do, my question is, at the end of the day, when you take opportunity for retail and and subtract product costs, do you find waxing or facials to be more profitable?

Thanks for your insight!

Facials without a doubt. I can retail hundreds of pounds worth of product a week which I see as money for nothing.

Waxing is certainly a great profit in cost per treatment, but adding skin retail to my products has been amazing. We had a skin event in January for one day and it paid my tax bill lol!

Vicki x

Facials without a doubt. I can retail hundreds of pounds worth of product a week which I see as money for nothing.

Waxing is certainly a great profit in cost per treatment, but adding skin retail to my products has been amazing. We had a skin event in January for one day and it paid my tax bill lol!

Vicki x

I was so hoping you would respond! I've ready many of your posts and think that the great advice you give is reflective of the top business practices and ethics you have. You are secretly my role model lol :hug:

Thanks again for replying

Vicki x

I should probably know the answer to this Vicki after reading so many of your posts but do you do Caci as well? If so do you combine it with environ for facials? I'd love to take on environ but it's so expensive!

I was so hoping you would respond! I've ready many of your posts and think that the great advice you give is reflective of the top business practices and ethics you have. You are secretly my role model lol :hug:

Thanks again for replying

Wow, thank you so much!

Please shout if you have any questions!

Vic x

I should probably know the answer to this Vicki after reading so many of your posts but do you do Caci as well? If so do you combine it with environ for facials? I'd love to take on environ but it's so expensive!

Hi, I use a Silhouette Dermalift - Caci was way out of my price range!
I don't use any form of Microdermabrasion as this doesn't sit well with the Environ ethos, but lifting machines go really well with it, and I get great results!

I'm currently sitting in a pub in Devon, so cannot go through the rigmarole of uploading, but please have a quick look at my Facebook page where there are some really good before and afters - www.facebook.com/blissandbeautyltd where you can also see the conversion of my expanding premises taking place, while I steadily get drunk lol!!!

Vic x

Last edited:
Hi, I use a Silhouette Dermalift - Caci was way out of my price range!
I don't use any form of Microdermabrasion as this doesn't sit well with the Environ ethos, but lifting machines go really well with it, and I get great results!

I'm currently sitting in a pub in Devon, so cannot go through the rigmarole of uploading, but please have a quick look at my Facebook page where there are some really good before and afters - www.facebook.com/blissandbeauty where you can also see the conversion of my expanding premises taking place, while I steadily get drunk lol!!!

Vic x

Fab thanks I will go have a look! Enjoy your drink and holiday!

Hi i have tried the link for your facebook account as id like t have a look if that's ok , but it isn't working :(

oops. ltd at the end lol.

www.facebook.com/blissandbeautyltd
I'll check it now! X

I've checked it and edited original post so correct address is on there.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much!

Please shout if you have any questions!

Vic x

Thanks so much!! I really appreciate it!!! :)

PS: I saw the before and after on facebook. That lady must be extatic with the reaults!

Latest posts

Back