Which kind of wax kit do I need as a mobile therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SophieLY

Soph
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Hope I have posted this in the right section!

I'm soon to be starting out as a mobile beauty therapist and am ready to buy my waxing kit.

I have a budget of around £80 and obviously want to get get the best value for money. Once I have made some money I can look into using something a bit more pricey.

What I need to know is

a) Should I buy a roller heated waxing kit for the larger areas or can I get away with buying a pot with perhaps two buckets - one for warm wax and one for hot wax? What's the easiest type of kit to transport when I am going to be doing facial waxing as well as body?

b) If your advice is to get a roller kit - is this relatively easy to get the hang of? I have been trained only with a pot of wax.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sophie

Hi everyone,

Hope I have posted this in the right section!

I'm soon to be starting out as a mobile beauty therapist and am ready to buy my waxing kit.

I have a budget of around £80 and obviously want to get get the best value for money. Once I have made some money I can look into using something a bit more pricey.

What I need to know is

a) Should I buy a roller heated waxing kit for the larger areas or can I get away with buying a pot with perhaps two buckets - one for warm wax and one for hot wax? What's the easiest type of kit to transport when I am going to be doing facial waxing as well as body?

b) If your advice is to get a roller kit - is this relatively easy to get the hang of? I have been trained only with a pot of wax.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sophie

Personally, I don't think for £80 you are going to get anything like what you need. You certainly won't manage by buying 1 Wax Pot with 2 buckets… the wax takes a long time to heat up, and if you are serious about waxing, then you would need a double pot type setup or two separate heaters.

Then of course, you have the Waxes themselves, Pre & post Wax products, consumable…cotton pads, spatulas, strips.

Are you just doing "general" waxing, or intimate waxing too? Have you been trained in both strip and non strip wax?

I don't work mobile, so can't really recommend a specific setup that travels well, and I don't use a roller system - but I'm sure others will be able to point you in the right direction.

But, my advice would be don't start it until you have the budget to get a decent and proper setup to work with
Terry

I'm mobile. I have the hive 3 chamber roller kit for legs i use waxxxpress or caronlab cartridges. And i also use an 80g honey wax cartridge with screw top that I dip small spats into for brows.

I also have a 1000cc hive heater for my hot wax for intimate areas, armpits etc. I use perron rigot essential rose and intimate 4.

Then you need a couch, and all your other consumables and pre/post products.

I would suggest you try a few waxes to find which works best for you.

I think my initial waxing set up (including couch) cost just shy of £250, but I didn't get the roller kit until much later.

You may get a basic heater starter kit for your budget. But that won't include gloves, couch roll, cotton pads, and of course a couch.

Hth

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm just about to learn waxing and have been looking up what would be best for mobile. A few geeks recommended PhD which Ellison's sell. I was looking at prices yesterday and you can get a kit for a bit more than your budget,but I'm not aloud to put up prices so check out their website :)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back