Which Shellac colours next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Which popular colours am I lacking? I currently have
Hollywood
Dark lava
Purple purple
Tuti fruitti
Tropix
Midnight swim
Romantique
Cream puff
I was thinking I prob need :
A dark red/plum masquerade/decadence?
A light pink Gotcha/rose bud?
A bronzey colour Iced cappuccino/sugared spice?
Few moreBrights 4 summer lilac longing and pink bikini
Any u would add or not bother with?
I can't afford loads but also want 2 have enough choice so I can advertise properly.
Thanks x

Hollywood
Dark lava
Purple purple
Tuti fruitti
Tropix
Midnight swim
Romantique
Cream puff
I can't afford loads but also want 2 have enough choice so I can advertise properly.
Thanks x

I would suggest ' Iced Coral' & 'Grapefruit Sparkle'.
Iced coral because it's ideal for warm skin types and can be layered over almost every pink/pale color. Grapefruit Sparkle because it great on its own, but ads some stylish sparkle to all other colors.

I have been slowly building up my collection for a while. I have relied on layering and additives to increase my choices. I love moonlight & roses layered over practically everything. I suggest getting all the additives because you can create almost anything from them. Last night a friend wanted a coral color with coral/gold glitter fade. I would have reached for Tropix to begin with but I don't have that at home. So I did two coats of cream puff, mixed yellow and red additive to make orange, applied that, then put Negligee on top. My friend watched in disbelief as her neon orange nails "magically" turned into the prettiest coral ever, while I felt like a rockstar :cool: She was thrilled with the color and I had so much fun creating it. Forgive me for rambling but I am seriously addicted to additives :)

Id suggest purchasing the additives if you haven't already as they will instantly increase your colour range.
Decadence is one of my most popular colours along with wildfire.

Hot pop pink and pink bikini are very similar so I'd buy 1 or the other to start with.

Cocoa is a lovely nude

Another 2 are Lilac longing and cake pop.

When I started I purchased lots of fine glitters in lots of colours to increase my colour collection a bit more to add more of a selection but that was before additives were launched. Xx

Oh and beau or grapefruit sparkle for French and layering x

definitely moonlight and roses for layering and pink bikini and lobster roll from the new colours, great summer colours but layered with M+R tones them down to a paler colour

Pink bikini, lobster roll, lilac longing, iced coral, grapefruit sparkle are must have colours in my opinion x

Hollywood
Dark lava
Purple purple
Tuti fruitti
Tropix
Midnight swim
Romantique
Cream puff
Thanks x

I would agree with moonlight and roses, it's gorge over pretty much everything!

I personally would leave the dark red until we come into autumn/winter and get more summer colours, however this will depend on your clients.

I would choose Gotcha over Rosebud, they are very similar. Iced cap is quite popular for me but I didn't purchase sugared spice as I thought it was too close. Lilac longing has been really popular and Pink Bikini I've only just purchased but it's gorgeous. I would definitely suggest lobster roll, it's blimmin lovely and I always get compliments when I wear it.

Thanks all! Yes prob good idea to go for the summer shades 1st and worry about darker ones later on in yr. Was also thinking moonlight & roses to soften shades I have. I have the spring time additives but they r little too sparkly for the more reserved. Thanx again :)

Grapefruit Sparkle is a stella colour. As mentioned it's great for a french and also a lovely layering colour. If you are after a deep red Decadence is beautiful.

Latest posts

Back