Which system to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max2619

Reaction score
As a non-proffessional what product range would you reccommend i use on my self? I pref L&P but also would like to hear about Gel systems too. Something middle of the range to practice with before embarking on a course which i am undecided upon as yet. Also can a good prep be achieved with any products or is it best to use same range right the way through?
I am working my way through the tutorials here.
Thanks.

None of the professionals on here will advise you to use anything on your nails without the correct training,
it is irresponsible and quite dangerous to use nail products without training,
until you have trained and understand the chemicals that are involved with nail products i don't expect you to understand the reason behind my reply, but it is your own best interests that i have at heart,
give CND a call and ask about some training 0845 210 6060 hth :hug:

If you want something to use on yourself as an untrained person then you can buy kits in the likes of Argos and Boots - these are designed for home use.

I totally agree with Louise.

Would you go to a professional hair supplier and buy bleach etc and risk burning your scalp off because you dont know what you are doing.

If you want to join the nail industry then start as you mean to go on and be professional.

I am working my way through the tutorials here.
Thanks.

am i reading this right a non professional is teaching themselves via the tutorial's :irked:

am i reading this right a non professional is teaching themselves via the tutorial's :irked:

No i am not teaching myself via the tutorials. I am currently researching which course to take in the New Year. CND is not an option for me and was my first point of call.
I totally take on board what the previous 2 posts say and have used kits available in the shops but was concerned about their quality. (my point of posting) However i do understand your concern re the chemicals involved and will be getting some training when i have worked out the best course for me.
But tell me has anyone here ever dyed their own hair? I'm sure they have even if it was before getting some training in that field. That is still the use of chemicals you may not have the relevent knowledge of, but is widely accepted as the norm these days and yes i know there are disaster stories in the press but hundreds of people still do it.
If i had not tried a kit on myself i would not know that i would like to follow this path.
Again i have taken on board your comments.

But tell me has anyone here ever dyed their own hair? I'm sure they have even if it was before getting some training in that field. That is still the use of chemicals you may not have the relevent knowledge of, but is widely accepted as the norm these days and yes i know there are disaster stories in the press but hundreds of people still do it.....

I used to regularly dye my hair before going to a salon and having it done professionally. But I used to always buy the ones available for home use.

I did once buy some bleach and colour at the wholesalers but was too frightened to use it.

We could tell you to go and buy NSI, OPI, EZ Flow, Salon Systems etc. etc. but you will never be able to judge what is good about each of these products or not good if you have not trained.

I would suggest you do some market research by going to a salon which uses say CND or NSI or whatever and as many as you can find and ask them to do a demo nail on you.

This way you will see how a professional job is done and you will be able to judge which product suits you best in terms of wearability, colour etc. and then choose to do their training.

Thankyou.
I now realise that i was being naeve in thinking the home kits available in the shops would not differ so greatly from those in use by proffessionals, except in quality. I will refrain from getting my hands on anything else untill i have sorted my training out.
Sorry to be a total dummy.

Latest posts

Back