Which UK qualifications can be used in Australia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sara_1

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking into doing a beauty course so that I can open my own salon in Australia. I have a few years before I go out there and in this time i want to do all my qualificatins here however I don't know if the qualifications here would be suitable there. Are there any qualification requirements with regards to opening a beauty salon in Aus what about insurance?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sara

Im out there now but Im a hairdresser so not sure about beauty quals, you probably need to get a Trades Recognition Australia Assessment and you could ask them about what you need Google TRA on google.com.au and it comes up. Also depending on what state you go to affects the rules for opening a salon, if its NSW theres a website that gives you the full list of rules pm me if u need any more info;)

As far as I am aware, CIBTAC/CIDESCO are the most recognized qualifications world wide. CIBTAC is accepted in less countries than CIDESCO, but as far as I am aware, Australia accepts both.

All CIDESCO students have to complete CIBTAC first at which piont, CIBTAC students qualify and leave college. The CIDESCO students then continue a few months more to CIDESCO level.

They are both extremely intense courses and not for the faint hearted but can be completed in a year and are very expensive (£4000 to £11000) as the establishments offering them are usually private colleges.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back