White spots from Shellac removal-what's is it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellaD

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have been using CND since 2005 and use the whole system following manufacturers directions to the letter. I am getting ready to go to Bootcamp to become an educator, so doing thing correctly is very very important to me.

One of my shellac clients came in today and I noticed something weird on her nails when I removed the shellac. She had odd white spots on her right pinky, ring and middle finger. She religiously uses her solar oil over the entire nail, I do not scrape to remove the Shellac, use nourishing remover with the wraps, no filing on the natural nail...I am clueless as to what is causing this! She has been wearing shellac since she went through my Bootcamp last November with no problems.

Any ideas?

The only time I've ever had this was with a mature client who was on a strict low carb and fasting diet so as no other client was having these issues I put it down to a combination of her age and diet. Has your client changed anything recently? Diet, medication, stress, lifestyle etc? If she's not had a problem before now and your procedure is no different it suggests perhaps it's something she has changed x

Hey everyone,
I have been using CND since 2005 and use the whole system following manufacturers directions to the letter. I am getting ready to go to Bootcamp to become an educator, so doing thing correctly is very very important to me.

One of my shellac clients came in today and I noticed something weird on her nails when I removed the shellac. She had odd white spots on her right pinky, ring and middle finger. She religiously uses her solar oil over the entire nail, I do not scrape to remove the Shellac, use nourishing remover with the wraps, no filing on the natural nail...I am clueless as to what is causing this! She has been wearing shellac since she went through my Bootcamp last November with no problems.

Any ideas?

If this s the first time you've noticed this on her its probably just temporary dehydration caused by ? Could be just a random one off, or maybe something going on in her lifestyle ..I wouldn't worry just reinforce the importance of after care and solar oil.
Can I ask though ...you say you are in training to become an educator but then say the client has been wearing Shellac since your bootcamp last year ? Is ths for different brands or something else ?

Hey everyone,

Any ideas?

Check out fingernail fixers you tube page. She has a video specifically about white spots from shellac removal x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey everyone,

Any ideas?

Sounds to be like either dehydration, or a trauma to her nail. I wouldn't be too worried since this isn't something that happens often

If this s the first time you've noticed this on her its probably just temporary dehydration caused by ? Could be just a random one off, or maybe something going on in her lifestyle ..I wouldn't worry just reinforce the importance of after care and solar oil.
Can I ask though ...you say you are in training to become an educator but then say the client has been wearing Shellac since your bootcamp last year ? Is ths for different brands or something else ?

The Bootcamp she went through was my nail biters Bootcamp to get her to stop biting her nails. After 27 years as a biter, she hasn't bit them from her 1st appointment.

Also, it doesn't seem to be dehydration as it doesn't disappear with solar oil. I will try to upload a picture. I haven't seen this happen before so my curious mind must know...why? Lol

Latest posts

Back