Who to complain to about college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryTrainee

Reaction score
Is there a local authority or something you can complain to regarding your college or training academy??

Where i attend is just a nightmare so many people have left what there doing is well not even legal i would say, they also slag off a nearby training academy and all of it is a load of bo**ocks as i've been there.

There's just so many thing's i could say but don't want to say which business it is.

So if anyone's know's would be great help thanks, as people are loosing money been told different rules and regs for paying and changing all the time so they loose money when knowone actually signed anything to accept to the changes etc!!

Hiya

Firstly i'm so sorry you're experiencing difficulty with your college, it's just not fair in this day and age.

I'd suggest (and only suggest as i've not experienced bad training) that you speak to your college principle.

If that's not good, if your college is a state instutition, then i'd suggest your county council education department

If your college is a private enterpirse, then i'd suggest trading standards.

If all else fails, then contact the awarding body and talk to them.

I really hope you get this sorted out

Rebecca

I thought about contacting the awarding body but wasn't sure.

Its a private organisation and its the person that owns/runs it who is the problem!!
Just hasn't got a clue what their doing!

if its a private org it may well be a one-man band, so it would seem pointless complaining to them in the first instance.
I would check though, and if their is someone higher up in the organsation, I think it would be best to complain to them first, possibly in writing.

State run colleges and larger academies have a complaints policy in place and is usually stated in their manuals what to do.

I would then consider the awarding body and seek advice from them, you could also ask for a full refund but I would put this all down in writing as a formal complaint.

The highest person there is the person who's causing all the problems.
It is the only one of their training academies and if i complain to the person highest up nothing will happen i will just get asked to leave although i have actually left but i am determined to get my money back regardless of what of the terms & conditions!

:S

Sounds like ur ina bit of a pickle, as said only can think of the awarding body that can do anything about it?

Can you say where this training accadamy is or would you rather not?
pm me if thats better for you, if you are doing awarding body certificate i would contact them and explain your problems,

:hug:

Last edited:
Their are online sites that you can go onto like Trading Description/consumer rights and ask them for free what you should do, they will probably pass on the right sites for you to then look into setting up a complaint.

It will also have templates for you to use to issue your complaint with. Whatever you decide to do, keep it professional and not personal.

If this was me having a complaint against my training academy, I would prefer that the student came to me either in person or by letter issueing the problems and what that student would like as an outcome. Although it does sound like this particular person has total blinkers on and wouldnt do anything about it anyhow.

but, me personally, I would like to see
* problem(s) laid out
* examples of this problem, ie if its repeatedly running out of products used what were the products
* what you would like to have as an outcome

I would not include other peoples names as this is heresay, so try and omit, "Sharon on the beauty course agrees with me".

I really hope that you get things sorted. If you would like to pm with any questions. I teach holistics so could possibly advise you further, but if its beauty or nails, this is not my forte.

Latest posts

Back