Wholesale/bulk nail polish suppliers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma_LJ

"I have too much nail polish" said no woman, ever
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here so i hope y'all can help me out!
I'm starting a retail business venture that requires 600-800 bottles of nail polish a month. So far, the polish brands themselves seem uninterested and don't reply to emails and nail supply shops are either way too expensive or simply cant fulfil the quantities we need.

Am i barking up the wrong tree? Does anyone know where UK based nail supply shops get their stock from? I feel i need to find the source but its proving way harder than i thought!

Thanks in advance!
Emma

Hi Emma and welcome !

Now sure what type of retail venture you setting up but 600-800 bottles a month is a lot for some suppliers.

A lot of brands will have distributor or licensing contracts so they will be unlikely or willing to deal with you direct.

There is also a lot of scams out there from people sending out emails with messages like "we want to buy all your stock" or "we want to buy £30000 worth of your stock" etc etc, maybe your emails are sadly being misinterpreted for something like this.

If you feel like your getting no where on your own, maybe reach out to one of the industry trade associations, they might already come across this issue before or might have existing contacts within suppliers that they can use to help you.

Thanks Nortti!

Yeah I think the quantity is scaring some companies away. We need 3 or 4 colours of varying brands and around 150 of each colour. (Starting at 600 bottles)
I've explained it all in detail to the suppliers and we get into a nice chat so I think they're confident in not scamming them - they just don't have the stock or offering it at a price that kills my profit. So how would I go about finding who supplies them? Or finding a contact within the industry trade association? I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack!

Thanks so much for replying to me! :)
Emma

Hi Emma and welcome !

Now sure what type of retail venture you setting up but 600-800 bottles a month is a lot for some suppliers.

A lot of brands will have distributor or licensing contracts so they will be unlikely or willing to deal with you direct.

There is also a lot of scams out there from people sending out emails with messages like "we want to buy all your stock" or "we want to buy £30000 worth of your stock" etc etc, maybe your emails are sadly being misinterpreted for something like this.

If you feel like your getting no where on your own, maybe reach out to one of the industry trade associations, they might already come across this issue before or might have existing contacts within suppliers that they can use to help you.

Hi Nortti...

Not sure if my last reply worked but i just wanted to let you know that i've contacted BABTAC to see if they can help me (is that the kind of trade association you meant?) Hopefully they'll have some ideas and can point me in the right direction. Do you know if theres any way finding out who is supplying the nail supply shops? I feel that we need to find the source!

Thanks
Emma

Hi Emma

Sorry for late reply, been busy morning, not sure if babtac will be able to give you much help, they basically just an insurance provider that also sell a bit of training.

I personally would have contacted "The National Hairdressers' Federation" or "Association of Nail Technicians" they both great organisations, and both will have established contacts within the industry.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care :)

Are you only looking for well known brand or up and comping nail polish brands?

Latest posts

Back