Why are so many still falsely advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CocoAllure

Reaction score
I've removed the name of the salon.. But honestly how can some people get away with this? Offering 'shellac' service but using Sensationail. In a salon too!

[image showing telephone number deleted]

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:
There's a shopping centre near me that had all of the branding, to include 2 huge impressive screens playing Jan Arnold, and the wonder of Shellac for all the world to see.....NOT A CND LAMP IN SIGHT! :eek:
Last time I checked, however....Those big screens were off...not a knock off in sight!
Possibly had a visit from trading standards?

Absolutely ridiculous! There's a lady near me who is also mobile, as I am, who says she uses shellac and it's sensationail!! Also says she's self taught and charges more than me, as a qualified CND nail professional. Unbelievable!!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447060938.516966.jpg

Look at this picture!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447061021.787274.jpg

This is a card from the 'usual' type of nail salon. I went in to see the 'shellac' and it was bluesky!!!!!!

Absolutely ridiculous! There's a lady near me who is also mobile, as I am, who says she uses shellac and it's sensationail!! Also says she's self taught and charges more than me, as a qualified CND nail professional. Unbelievable!!!

Is that even allowed?

Is that even allowed?

If she's not qualified, she won't be able to obtain insurance but it's not actually illegal to charge for nails without being qualified or insured (!)

It is illegal however, to deliberately misrepresent what you are selling.
Trading Standards could be asked to intervene... :)

I personally would feel embarrassed pulling out a tiny Sensationail lamp and my polishes from boots. I would not be able to charge £20 for such a thing at all

There's a shopping centre near me that had all of the branding, to include 2 huge impressive screens playing Jan Arnold, and the wonder of Shellac for all the world to see.....NOT A CND LAMP IN SIGHT! :eek:
Last time I checked, however....Those big screens were off...not a knock off in sight!
Possibly had a visit from trading standards?

Are you tempted to say something

If she's not qualified, she won't be able to obtain insurance but it's not actually illegal to charge for nails without being qualified or insured (!)

It is illegal however, to deliberately misrepresent what you are selling.
Trading Standards could be asked to intervene... :)

Exactly!! Can you report anonymously though?

Are you tempted to say something

No.....I'm a 'scaredy cat', afraid of bad Karma...:oops:!
Of course it used to bug me....but soooo do many things.
In this instance, there was a conversation.....I let her know, there was no genuine 'CND Shellac' treatment that I could see in her salon, and left.
I did no more....but someone else obviously did! :p

I questioned a man at a particular salon we won't name and he was so rude he started slating me to the other workers in his language and basically threw me out of his smelly shop. Awful. I don't mind making a group and going to each and every salon and just question them all! No wonder customers are all confused. It's become a joke now

A few years ago before I started my training in nails I use to go to a salon to have my nails done. Knowing nothing about nails I thought I was having gel enhancements but it turns out it was actually clear acrylic and they were charging an extra £10. You can see how some salons fool people and just want to make as much money as they can. Also like to add they would use the same tools on everyone nothing was disinfected or sterilised but not knowing the proper way nails should be done I believed at the time they were a good salon.

A few years ago before I started my training in nails I use to go to a salon to have my nails done. Knowing nothing about nails I thought I was having gel enhancements but it turns out it was actually clear acrylic and they were charging an extra £10. You can see how some salons fool people and just want to make as much money as they can. Also like to add they would use the same tools on everyone nothing was disinfected or sterilised but not knowing the proper way nails should be done I believed at the time they were a good salon.

Dirty dirty places. People could literally have hiv for all they know! And how on earth would or could anyone ever trace it back to the salon! It's mind boggling

It happens everywhere :( There's a salon down the road from me who also advertise Shellac. You can see all the bluesky bottles from the window as you walk past. Charge shellac prices too!

I just spent half an hour explaining this all to a client and she ended the convo with when I had shellac at ********** nails she used an e file on my nail and it burnt
no one is listening

Dirty dirty places. People could literally have hiv for all they know! And how on earth would or could anyone ever trace it back to the salon! It's mind boggling

... You realise people don't catch HIV from dirt...? Or falsely advertised products.

Also, there could be therapists on here who "literally have HIV".

... You realise people don't catch HIV from dirt...? Or falsely advertised products.

Also, there could be therapists on here who "literally have HIV".

These salons have clients one after the other, they don't even finish a full set sometimes and sit the next person down to start drilling the life out of their nail beds. They wear masks to cover themselves yet nothing for the poor paying customer. Sanitising their tools is completely out of the window. They do cut clients flesh. Yes they probably are spreading diseases around and no one knows what exactly. And I don't think that's fair

These salons have clients one after the other, they don't even finish a full set sometimes and sit the next person down to start drilling the life out of their nail beds. They wear masks to cover themselves yet nothing for the poor paying customer. Sanitising their tools is completely out of the window. They do cut clients flesh. Yes they probably are spreading diseases around and no one knows what exactly. And I don't think that's fair

And no one even mentioned catching HIV from dirt.

That makes more sense. I didn't make a connection between "dirty dirty places" and production lining clients or lack of consultations.

Latest posts

Back