Why charge more for French Tip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLA.NAILSx

Reaction score
Can I ask people's reasons for charging extra to do a French tip? I have never understood this, I charge the same regardless if it's a colour or French....?

Are you meaning polish?? If so it uses more product as you do the pink (usually) and then the tip, plus takes mor time.
Extensions I don't charge more for.

Yes I meant a French polish, yes you may use a pink along with white but technically you are using exact same amount of product just decided over a different part of the nail and personally takes me no longer to do than a colour...I could never justify charging more to be honest..

Never understood that either other than people don't like doing them so much so charge more maybe?

I never understood either just another way to get a bit more money out of people I guess it doesn't take me that much longer to do a French not enough to warrant charging for anyway ! I just charge the same

I charge more. It takes longer for me to do pink & white sculpts than one colour. Each to their own :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dont charge anyomre for polish or shellac,but i do for acrylic

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think that practice of charging more for French was adapted from salons that charged cheap for regular manicures. Because the regular polish is cheap, they have room to up charge where possible such as nail art or French finish.

I would charge more for French enhancements. They take more work than regular enhancements.

When I do french with shellac I do use more product and time, two coats for pink which would be a normal service then white at tip, which I'm using lamp to cure, and more time on top of just plain colour to paint, hence taking more time. But ultimately pricing is your choice, whatever you feel comfortable charging and fits with your costs and time.

I charge more for french because I hate it and I hope it will put people off x

I charge more as it takes me longer to paint French as opposed to straight colour, and it takes more technical skill. If you don't personally feel comfortable charging more then don't!

I charge more for french because I hate it and I hope it will put people off x

That's so funny, lol! I wish I'd thought of it. :lol:

When I first started it was the norm to charge more for French, a basic manicure took 30 minutes but with a french polish took 45 minutes, therefore it cost slightly more.

I don't charge extra any more now as I mainly do Shellac/Gelish and I mark out an hour for all my appointments so I have time no matter what the client wants.

Last edited:
I stopped charging more a few years ago, it didn't make sense to me. I'm not a fan of the look or doing it but that'd never put me off or make me charge extra, luckily most people want colour and art these days.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back