Why does shrinkage happen with this 1 client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can you help.. I have a lady and no matter what colour gel polish I put on her, the colour shrinks back a little at the free edge, I do the same process on everyone but it happens every time only with her. Should I maybe flash cure? I really want to get it right, she is a great customer! Little confused x

Extra Scub fresh on the tips and under the tips and flash cure. It doesn't take any more time.

I take the sticky layer off the base coat with ipa before applying colour when this happens seems to work

I take the sticky layer off the base coat with ipa before applying colour when this happens seems to work
I really don't recommend this, as base coat is thin and easily ruined.

Extra Scub fresh on the tips and under the tips and flash cure. It doesn't take any more time.
Hi attitute, do you mean flash cure when 1st layer of colour goes on? Cure each finger as I go?

Hi attitute, do you mean flash cure when 1st layer of colour goes on? Cure each finger as I go?
Try doing two or three ( if you're fast) then flash cure ten seconds. You can switch back and forth between hands.

I've never had a problem this way the base coat always appears fully cured and still there when wiping and it always lasts on the ladies I do this- I have been doing gel polish using different brands depending where I've worked and working for myself since it first came out and tried all sorts of tricks was only mentioning this as it works religiously for me and I never have experienced the base coat being ruined ☺

If you have to dry brush base coat, it may be applied to heavily.

Shrinkage occurs in humid weather conditions in my country but I find doing two nails at a time eliminates this

If you have to dry brush base coat, it may be applied to heavily.

It's advised in training to always dry brush Gelish base coat.
Its nothing to do with how it's applied. Gelish base is really sticky regardless of how thick or thinly it's applied x

I'd say make sure you are prepping thoroughly, cleanse under the free edge really well (as already stated above) ph bond twice if you feel you need it, then flash cure the nails as you go along. Doesn't take hardly any time at all x

Actually I misstated . She wasn't dry brushing, she was using ipa. Totally different.

Also make sure she isn't applying hand lotion right before her appts with you. This will contribute to shrinking xx

Dry brushing is just brushing the cured layer with a dry brush before the next gel layer.

This will depend on what brand you are using, some will allow you to wipe others like Shellac it is not advised.

Yes, for dry brushing, but she was originally talking about using ipa, which I have never heard recommended by any manufacturer.

Latest posts

Back