why is my nails yellow after wearing enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
I have been wearing nail enhancements since the beginning of the year, but after having took them off a few weeks ago my nails are bright yellow. It happened before when i took them off for about week in the summer. i thought it was with smoking but i have stopped since i found i was pregnant in August. One of the other nail techs i work with said it was caused with the products. I was just wondering if anyone has had this and what it is? Honestly it looks like i have smoked about 100 hundred fags a day!!

Zoe it could be ALOT of things- what L&P are you using? Was your primer wet when you applied the Acrylic? Try and give some more info :)

I have been wearing nail enhancements since the beginning of the year, but after having took them off a few weeks ago my nails are bright yellow. It happened before when i took them off for about week in the summer. i thought it was with smoking but i have stopped since i found i was pregnant in August. One of the other nail techs i work with said it was caused with the products. I was just wondering if anyone has had this and what it is? Honestly it looks like i have smoked about 100 hundred fags a day!!
I had similar when I removed my enhancements when I had to have surgery. Mine had more of a light brown/dull yellow tinge to them:eek: , alsmost as though I had gotten a tanning solution on them, I used CND Cuticle remover and it did help quite a bit and gradually they returned to a normal colour....I have no idea why they went like this as I have in the past removed them because of training classes where I need natural nails and they were fine then, so have no answer as to why this happened.

Its creative retention liquid and perfect powders i am using but i dont use primer so it couldnmt be that. They are similar to what you have described like a dark dingy yellow.

Latest posts

Back