Why is my skin doing this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
I am guessing skin is the correct category for this?

Why do my feet do this? It happens every year around this time! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402596139.335181.jpg

They split until they are sore and bleed. I mostly wear flip flops or bare feet this time of year (not a fan of shoes ��) so they aren't cooped up in sweaty shoes all day? My mum suffers from hard skin on her feet but not the splitting/cracking?
Don't know if it is related but I also always get split lips at the beginning of winter. Do I just not cope well with season changes? xx

...jewels not tools...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone?

...jewels not tools...

Last edited by a moderator:
The flip flops could be burning your feet, pulling away all the dead skin build up. You would be best to get a callus peel or go to a chiropodist to remove all the dead skin HTH

I'm not entirely sure why your skin is doing this but I know a girl who had rough skin on her feet and hands and she told me she had rubbish blood flow or circulation travelling to her feet. I think it's good to air your feet out in flip flops but maybe not over do it as this may aid them in becoming dry. Also depending on how often you're in the bath/shower for and not moisturising your feet after you come out (not saying you don't do this just thinking of what can help)

What you can do is get a very rich and hydrating foot cream, apply it on quite thickly and wear cotton socks to bed. This way the cream sinks deep into your skin. It will take a few months to really see any change but worth it. My best friend has really bad eczema to the point that when we were at school she used to have to wear long skirts to cover up he bandaged rapped around her legs. she does the same method using a cotton wrap and her legs although they aren't perfect (because she has scarring and pigmentation from where she has picked scabs from where she has bled on her legs as a little girl) they are so soft and in so so much better condition.

maybe do a weekly or fortnightly simple pedi on yourself and give your feets a massage to get circulation flowing a bit better? May be difficult if you have open wounds but thick moisturising cream and maybe a paraffin wax pedi treatment? I'd definitely recommend you go to see a pediatrist/chiropodist first though to get a proper diagnosis.

Hope that helps.

x HelloSORRISO x

I've had pretty much the same problem and been to the doctors who were no help so paid to see a chiropodist and he said I have athletes foot, it's only on one foot, I wipe my foot over with surgical spirits every morning because he said athletes foot hates surgical spirits then u use a foot cream like canesten every night and it's helped a lot
I don't have the typical itchy between toes athletes foot this is like a dry foot version and my skin is hard and cracks and the skin peels off
I spent 30 minutes at the chiropodist and he filed my foot down and it looked amazing, it's so embarrassing because it looks like a scabby foot but I spend time everyday on the blinking thing but it has improved a lot since I've been to see the chiropodist

You need to moisturise STAT!

Latest posts

Back