Clients Skins Splitting - any ideas???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry's Nails

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a client of whom has been having L&P for over 2 years. All of a sudden (past 2 weeks) her skin is cracking and ending up with quite deep splits in them. It looks very sore. Mainly at the sides/ tip of her of her finger. Tonight I removed her full set, and applied a lather of moisture, put her hands in gloves and let them rest with a warm towel over them. Gently rinsed her hands with out soap, and applied solar oil very heavily. She understood that I refused to apply more L&P due to her skins condition, and I left her with the advice of using cuticle oil and seeking medical attention.
However, Im stumped to what is causing it.??????? I have not changed any products, not doing anything unusual, and my routine is exactly the same as it always is.
She claims not to have changed hand creams, cleaning products, and claims to wear gloves when cleaning up and gardening. She used to be a biter and I have witnessed damaged caused from chewing the skin around her enhancements. But this damage is quite severe now, and the skin cracked that deep it was almost bleeding.
She said she will go to the doctor within 7 days if there is no improvement using the solar oil. (I also told her to keep her fingers out of her mouth in the meantime). She did mention that her thyroid is playing up and medication has been changed within the last month.
If anyone has any suggestions I would gladly appreciate it. I didnt take a picture, because I left my phone at home.

I don't believe that it is anything you are doing or the a problem with the enhancements. I think she need to add more moisture to her body. Drink lots of water, use the cuticle oils and a good lotion with urea in it.

Hi Kerry thyroid medication can affect skin hair and nails A LOT . When i trained to be a hairdresser my college tutor had used a cap for highlights( dinosaur days before foils) on a client . She had always done it this way for this lady.When she tried to remove the cap the hair she had pulled through came away with the cap leaving her standing with it in her hand. Well she said she felt sick and the room started rushing round . The client had recently been put on thyroid medication . So it could well be that your client has a problem with her new medication and you have done exactly the right thing x

Thank you for your responses. I will suggest to her your views and offer her my manicure service for a while and see how they heal. (I told her as long as she doesn't chew her nails we can paint them up nicely).
I left her with a bottle of solar oil and a good moisturizer, I will review her in 2 weeks and see how shes going. I will keep you posted on her progress, and submit pics if there is no change to her condition.

Latest posts

Back