Will enhancements get easier?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Im really struggling with L&P and brisa lite. I cant seem to get my time down from 3 1/2 hours!! Im feeling really nervous when doing enhancements I have only been doing them a few weeks im just worried im never going to be great at it. Some of my clients have been really happy but I can see its not the best of jobs. I dont charge full price and I tell clients I have just trained and need to get my speed up. Its just getting me down that I might not be good at it :-( xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You will get quicker and better in time don't be too hard on yourself 😊 you've only just started xx

I feel the same way my speed is ok but my nail enhancement never stays!!! They last about a week and lift. It really hurts my self esteem n motivation but I'm working on looking at how much I've improved

I find gel doesn't lift half as much as L&P but I know im not pressing hard enough. I need to get my mix ratio right as wel I think im often using too much monomer :-( also I cant stop my monomur from getting cloudy im wiping my brush each time before putting it in monomer but its keeps going cloudy xxx

Following because I'm experiencing the same problems x

Hey, don't be so hard on yourselves :hug:

Every nail technician in the world had to start somewhere, and nobody does nails very fast to start with. It doesn't matter, truly.

What matters is that you turn out a decent set of nails, as this is what your client will take away with them, and it will lead to recommendations, and repeat business.

You WILL speed up but it will take ages. Don't time yourself. It takes as long as it takes. Just make sure every set is the best you can do. :p

I've only just started doing acrylics and it takes me around 3 hours, we all have to start somewhere so I'm trying to be positive and think that my timings will improve in the long run.

I can already see that with each set the quality of my work is improving and so is my confidence. :D

We really shouldn't beat ourselves up!

Good advise. I am panicking with L&P which isn't helping me. I can see my clients are getting uncomfortable after sitting for a while so it stresses me out I keep thinking that they are thinkin 'I wish she wud hurry up' but I suppose if they see great nails at the end they will think its worth it. Im just going to keep telling them this is going to take a good 3 hours and not worry about the time :) xxx

I did a clients today and explained to her how long it would take me. She said she was completely fine with it but then sat there leaning to the side and closing her eyes!

I just ignored her as I'd explained how long it could take. She was happy with the end result anyway! :)

I know they start doing the bored look and I start panicking lol. I think when I get stressed it takes me longer though. I'm panicking because I have to be able to then in a commercially viable time for my assessments. I suppose we you just have to keep practising, I practice on myself but still taking me ages and they look awful I did some last night so I could show my tutor on Tuesday because I want to find out where I'm going wrong and it looks like my one year old has done them, they are so thick lol

It is a lot harder doing it on yourself tho and takes sooo much longer im sure ur tutor will think u hav done well for doing it on urself. I think im just going to explain that it does take a long time but at the moment I really need to concentrate on doing a good job thats why im cheap because u have to sit for so long. I have my first rebalance on tues and its a pregnant woman she actually sat really well when I first done her nails. I stopped half way through to let her stretch her legs ha ha xxx

It is a lot harder doing it on yourself tho and takes sooo much longer im sure ur tutor will think u hav done well for doing it on urself. I think im just going to explain that it does take a long time but at the moment I really need to concentrate on doing a good job thats why im cheap because u have to sit for so long. I have my first rebalance on tues and its a pregnant woman she actually sat really well when I first done her nails. I stopped half way through to let her stretch her legs ha ha xxx

I haven't done a rebalance yet so you will have to let me know how you get on :) good luck x

I haven't done a rebalance yet either. Could someone private message me how much there charging per set while training as I'm not sure on what to charge? x

I have done a L&P rebalanced and 2 brisa lite rebalance im so worried that they r going to have problems. I have charged £15 for rebalance with shellac I have been charging £20 for enhancements until I get my time up. I have another rebalance tomorrow and fresh L&P which I have booked 9.30am-3.30pm. Soo much work but hopefully it pays off soon :) xxx

Takes a long time to get fast with the acrylic system. When I first started I was around two hours now I can do a full set in 45 min. Using a drill helps to speed up the process but care needs to be taken as this can damage nails if not used correctly.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

See if you can get yourself a training hand and just practice practice practice! My time has come down but I used to get stressed and it was make things worse x

Latest posts

Back