Will Microdermabrasion help?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsayxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ok, so i started getting spots when i was 13, at the time of thought, oh im a teenager of course ill get them, but theyll soon go, - how wrong i was! I havnt had clear skin since! (Im 18 now)
I really feel ive tried everything, been to the doctors many times & got all sorts of creams, none ever work, and im just too embarrased to go now. Proactiv, I got my skin mapped by dermalogica too, I immediantly went out & bought everything, the cleanser/toner/mosturiser/mask etc... but after about 6 months there was no change & i just couldnt afford it anymore.

I just wondered what all you geeks think of microdermabrasion? Do you think it will make a difference even thought it seems nothing has an effect on my skin?! I mainly get spots on my chin & forehead now, but the majority of it is just scarring & blemishes from previous spots.
Can you get microdermabrasion if you still have 'active' spots?

Im just so fed up :cry: My skin really gets me down & definately effects my social life! It all really depends what state my skins in as to whether im going to go on that night out etc..Had an event tonight ive been looking forward to for weeks, but my skin decides to have a massive breakout so i stayed home! :(

So yes, microdermabrasion? Is it worth it? Any advice greatly appreciated :) x x

You might want to look into the CACI Ultra machine. It has a specific programme for acne & post-scne skins. The peel is using ultrasound, so is no abrasive & won't thin your skin, but is more thorough than exfoliation. It also uses blue & red laser, micro-current & ultrasound for stimulation of skin repair, reduction of scarring, sterilisation of the skin to kill acne bacteria. It even has a specific function to treat blemishes, such as spots, scars, pigmentation etc. I have the machine & have had great results, try e-mailing CACI & see if they can give a local salon.

Hi,
I'm a microdermabrasion trainer, and it's definitley worth giving microdermabrasion a try; there's another thread on here at the moment with some info I gave another geek about taking care of an acne skin type, which might be beneficial for you to read.

Without seeing your skin it's difficult to say what would suit you the best, but if you'd like to PM me, we can have a chat about things, and hopefully set you on the course to lovely clear skin!

XX

Latest posts

Back