Will salon be upset?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arail182

Reaction score
Hi there I have scheduled an appointment to get my hair lightened at a salon. I am dark hair right now from products I had used from Sally's. I know she wants to do a color corrector and full head highlights which will be costly as I am used to only doing this stuff myself but have created damage in the past. So my question is do you think my stylist would be upset with me if I went out and bought a color corrector and did that step by myself? I have done it in the past and I am just trying to save money on my salon visit. Thanks!

What are you planning to use? Some colour removers are bleach based and will cause further damage, especially if followed by more bleach.
In your shoes, I’d speak to your hairdresser and explain that cost is an issue and see what she advises.

If I had a client who had done some diy colouring/removing, I’d probably want to do some strand tests before proceeding, especially if I thought the hair was quite fragile.

What are you planning to use? Some colour removers are bleach based and will cause further damage, especially if followed by more bleach.
In your shoes, I’d speak to your hairdresser and explain that cost is an issue and see what she advises.

If I had a client who had done some diy colouring/removing, I’d probably want to do some strand tests before proceeding, especially if I thought the hair was quite fragile.
She just cut all of the damage from my hair 2 weeks ago, as I was planning to ask for this so had that done first. So my hair is in good condition. I am always reading the ingredients ever since frying my hair a few years ago and trying some color removers that damaged. I had found one at Sally's I loved without damaging ingredients (that I recognized at least) that I was using. I decided to ask her an estimate of what my visit would cost, admitted I hated to do that to her, but it turns out she's estimating $150-$200.. this is supposedly for color correction (for some temporary dye I used in my hair that wasn't cut) & full head highlights I'm assuming? We are starting a journey to take me blonde so would the service for lightening be "full head highlights"? Anyways, I'm not touching it, I'm letting the pros take it from here!

Latest posts

Back