Women problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlinhunterx

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I live away from home so could only think of here for advice! I'm late by a period by 6 days!!!!! I have a regular partner but took two tests and both negitive! What do yous think I should do next....

Hey ladies, I live away from home so could only think of here for advice! I'm late by a period by 6 days!!!!! I have a regular partner but took two tests and both negitive! What do yous think I should do next....
Are you stressed or got a lot on your mind at the moment? Change in medication or diet? Loads of things can factor lateness!

Also you can get false negatives but never a false positive!

I've noticed the more I focus on being late the later I am! X

Hey Hun
Loads of things can cause you to be late stress being one of the main ones, change in diet or medication etc so if it's any of those things it will right itself.
You can get false negatives on a pregnancy test so if you're worried and think that might be a possibility then make an appointment with your doctor they'll be able to do a more accurate test. Always read the instructions on tests aswell cause some only work if you're so far along I think.
I find if I'm late and start stressing about it then it just makes me later.
Hope that helps xx

I agree with both of the above posts I worked 2.5 years on night shifts and my periods were really irregular and light !! We don't realise what can actually affect our periods X

I used to work from 7-2am and although it wasn't late and what I would call a night that messed me up so much I had insomnia and I put so much weight on! We don't realise that little things affect our body! X

Hmm I suppose it depends if being pregnant is good or bad news? Do you feel pregnant? (If you've been pregnant before you'll know what I mean)! If it's a good thing, I'd give it another week and re test, if it's not something you anticipated, I'd visit the doctor and talk to your partner and go from there.

Yea give it a week or 2 then re test. Your worrying about it may also be having an effect and making it late.

Thanks the the advice guys[emoji179] we arnt trying but if you arnt using anything your kinda asking for it lol, I'm regular so that's why im worried, I'm never really stressed I'm quite laid back in life.... I dontknow the feeling of being pregnant but I feel as if something ain't quite right in myself. Thanks guys for all ur help xx

I'm nearly 10 weeks pregnant and I done my test at 6 days late and it came back a strong positive straight away , but I suppose we are all different [emoji53]

You could also go to your GP and get a blood test done.

Latest posts

Back