Wondering about wear time for Brisa Lite and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susandoeshair

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been pondering on this for a while now and finally just decided to toss it out there.

Shellac is meant to be removed and redone after two weeks. Brisa Lite wears for three weeks. I understand the wearability of Shellac increases when applied over BL, but from a scheduling point of view, what do you do? Do we start having clients come every three weeks, or do we keep it under our hats that they can go that long and continue to schedule them every two weeks?
I'm not trying to imply we should be dishonest with our clients, but my finances would change if the scheduling is longer.

Thoughts? Opinions?

We wouldn't lose too many earnings because we charge extra for Brisa Lite. A lot of my clients go 3 weeks anyway, but the ones who only last 2 weeks I will tell them their nails can last longer and I will earn some more money!

Xxx

We wouldn't lose too many earnings because we charge extra for Brisa Lite. A lot of my clients go 3 weeks anyway, but the ones who only last 2 weeks I will tell them their nails can last longer and I will earn some more money!

Xxx

No, I think we would lose out. I'm not great at math, but this is what I penciled out for a six week cycle: ( I'm in the US, so these examples are in dollars)
Over a six week period my clients come every two weeks, so that's three visits. I charge $40 for Shellac, and an extra $10 for BL, so that's $50 per visit times three visits equals $150 per client.

If they only come every three weeks, that's two visits at $50 per, so that's only $100 in six weeks

Also, would removing BL one week early eventually affect the natural nail?

I'm easily confused...lol

No, I think we would lose out. I'm not great at math, but this is what I penciled out for a six week cycle: ( I'm in the US, so these examples are in dollars)
Over a six week period my clients come every two weeks, so that's three visits. I charge $40 for Shellac, and an extra $10 for BL, so that's $50 per visit times three visits equals $150 per client.

If they only come every three weeks, that's two visits at $50 per, so that's only $100 in six weeks

But my dear, that leaves you room for MORE CLIENTS. If you are doing Shellac with Brisa Lite at $50 an hour, for 8 hours a day, 4 days a week- that's $1600 per week. As long as you stay booked, your income potential is off the charts:)

And no, early removal won't affect the natural nail- as long as its done properly! But there are a great deal of clients willing to pay more to go longer between visits, and that leaves you with room for more clientele.

I am not a Shellac or Brisa user, but doesn't "three weeks wear" just mean the potential? In reality most clients would not want to go three weeks because of nail growth.

If you think about it, L&P or hard gels last potentially much longer than three weeks, but you would still see your clients every two for infills/rebalance.

But my dear, that leaves you room for MORE CLIENTS. If you are doing Shellac with Brisa Lite at $50 an hour, for 8 hours a day, 4 days a week- that's $1600 per week. As long as you stay booked, your income potential is off the charts:)

And no, early removal won't affect the natural nail- as long as its done properly! But there are a great deal of clients willing to pay more to go longer between visits, and that leaves you with room for more clientele.

Heather, I see your point, and understand it. I'm making more many now than I have in 35 years
in this business all thanks Shellac coming into my life. I guess the three versus two week appointments throw me off because I have a lot of standing every two week clients. They are ladies who aren't going to change that, no matter what. So, if I get some who like the BL and can go three weeks, somewhere along the line there is going to be scheduling issues. And you know what happens if someone's time can't be accommodated....they have the potential to leave.

Just the thought of it all makes me want to yank my hair out.

I am not a Shellac or Brisa user, but doesn't "three weeks wear" just mean the potential? In reality most clients would not want to go three weeks because of nail growth.

If you think about it, L&P or hard gels last potentially much longer than three weeks, but you would still see your clients every two for infills/rebalance.

Agreed

Over 6 weeks, if you had a client returning for shellac only every 2 weeks at $40 per visit, then that's €120 dollars (that would be 3 visits in 6 weeks).
If you add brisa light smoothing gel in at an extra $10 per visit then that's $50 per visit therefore €100 over 6 weeks (as you would see them twice),

So over the same amount of time (6 weeks) although its $20 less per client, you will now have freed up more time to fit more clients in! ;-)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't want your clients to go 3 weeks between appointments, why did you/would you invest in a product that makes their nails last longer?

If you're quite happy doing what you're doing, and it's making you money, then stick with it... Why fix it if it ain't broke? But now with Brisa Lite I have the potential to see more clients because my appointment slots aren't being filled with just regulars who keep rebooking, they are filled with NEW clients who I couldn't fit in before.

And 3 weekly appointments aren't awkward at all, I think you may be looking for excuses! I have 2 ladies that see me every 3 weeks on a Tuesday at 5pm... It's never been difficult to fit them in and if something crops up that messes with the usual appointment we just reschedule + or - 1 week so it's still on a Tuesday at 5pm.

The L&P/Hard Gel comment is a good one, if my ladies wanted to go 4 weeks between Infills they could... But it's VERY rare that they do, so I see them every 2-3 weeks. They don't like regrowth and they get bored!

Xxx

Last edited:
I personally feel you are going to get dome ladies who ate going to switch to every 3 week's but others will stay at 2. It will all be down to the regrowth.

I'm currently wearing BL Smoothing with Shellac. They've been on a week so far. I'm going to try and push it the 3 weeks so I can take a comparison photo of the regrowth to my usual 2 weeks (sometimes its only 10days). My nails grow incredibly fast and the regrowth foes my head in. It's the same got some of my clients, I know if they decided to have Brisa Lite they'd more than likely be back 2 weeks later.

Like the others have said if they do all switch to 3 weeks they are going to be thrilled, recommend you to more people which means new clients and because you've freed up more time you can accommodate them.

Win win situation I think
Xx

Latest posts

Back