Wondering why fantastic advice isn't taken

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diana-Jane

Reaction score
Was just having my usual early morning scroll through SG and a thought struck me.
Despite some of the leading authorities in various fields contributing to this forum, why are there so many posts asking for advice on less popular or maybe even inferior brands?
When i decided i wanted to train in spray tanning i spent a lot of time on this forum reading reviews and ended up opting for Nouvatan. Not only because of the amazing reviews they had but because Steve responded regularly to posts and offered loads of advice. Thats professional advice straight from the horses mouth, for free, no waiting in a phone queue.
Im training with Kim Lawless for intimate waxing next week, again based on her reviews and the fact that any questions i might have will be answered indepth by Kim asap.
I've no doubt that if i decide to train in nail enhancements I'll use the same criteria and choose my trainer accordingly. Again and again i read rave reviews by users of CND. They have ambassadors on this site offering the best advice its possible to get. I understand their training is pricey and we don't all have unlimited funds but that's who i would save my money for, safe in the knowledge that experts are available on here when i need some help.
I worked my butt off doing pamper parties to pay for my tan equipment and wax training. I asked for money as xmas and birthday gifts and stuck it away towards my training. And that was because i took the advice offered by hundreds of SG users and decided to train with the best! I don't want to come away from my training with questions, feeling unsure and having to ask why my gun is overspraying, that should have been explained at the training course!
Im not saying we should all only train with the same handful of companies, as there are lots of excellent ones out there but if you come on this site looking for professional advice, please take it! To me, this site offers tips and advice from experts all over the world who are happy to help us newbies out. I wouldn't insult them by telling them their chosen product and advice isn't all that!
Sorry, i know some might take offence at this post but i get fed up seeing new users ask for advice on some 'amazing product that offers cheap training' and then take the hump when the pro's try to steer them towards a better brand.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

The wisdom of the uniformed! Unfortunately some just want the fastest and cheapest route in but as most of us know you have to do your research - whether it is training or products. Not all companies will suit all so it is always important for the newbie to search and discover what is right for them. If they stay on the forum then the message becomes quite clear that if you want to become a professional you have to train, qualify, choose great products and keep on perfecting.

Ive had some great advice on this website about products and services cant fault it and is very addictive!!

I agree! I only joined a few weeks back as I am starting training this year with the view to go mobile within the next year and open a Salon within the next 2 years. I am spending lots of time reading and learning and taking notes of the best brands and planning how I can add onto the NVQ2 with training with the best (IMO) companies :)

There is a lot to learn on these pages I tell ya :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back