Work and baby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its that or don't go back, risk losing my clients and having to start over. Again. Its not like I can hang on to have another baby either - I'm already 39 so haven't the luxury of time to wait. My parents & in laws love having the day with their grandchildren and wouldn't have it any other way. And if it were too much then Ruby would just have to go into nursery for the 2 days I'll be going back. She'll be nearly 3 by then anyway so will qualify for her free hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

For me having children was more important. we're struggling a bit and I know I will have to build up a client base again but my names already out there from makeup and I will be able to add what I have recently trained in, I figured there will always be more clients and money to gain but for me I really wanted a baby xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its that or don't go back, risk losing my clients and having to start over. Again. Its not like I can hang on to have another baby either - I'm already 39 so haven't the luxury of time to wait. My parents & in laws love having the day with their grandchildren and wouldn't have it any other way. And if it were too much then Ruby would just have to go into nursery for the 2 days I'll be going back. She'll be nearly 3 by then anyway so will qualify for her free hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's one thing I was thinking about. Waiting until my little girl is 3 and has her nursery place. Good luck :) xx

For me having children was more important. we're struggling a bit and I know I will have to build up a client base again but my names already out there from makeup and I will be able to add what I have recently trained in, I figured there will always be more clients and money to gain but for me I really wanted a baby xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is what I'm thinking too xx

I had my second child two years ago. I went back to the salon three Saturdays a month ( lazy lol ) and started a home salon. ALL clients old and new appreciate that your still working and staying with your children. They all understand that if they need anything I'm there for them and most ladies love a cuddle while your finishing their hair :) work around naps, school runs, lunch, playtime. Its worked really well and iv started working more now as schools started. They become more social and less shy as they are used to new people. I know there are different opinions to this but its been perfect.and iv never missed a milestone.
Most childcare is £49+ per child, per day and you pay when your on holiday, Christmas sick etc. Your not responsible for the salon, your boss is probably upset because of clients, maternity cover etc don't let it get you down its your choice and a blessing for another little one. X if your ready, go for it :)

Sent from my Archos 97 Cobalt using SalonGeek mobile app

That's lovely. Really glad it worked for you - gives me hope :) xx

In my opinion there's never a right time to have a baby. There always something which stops it right now.

I am 13 weeks pregnant due in Nov.

My experienced therapist is also pregnant, she's due in September. So not exactly good timing, but when is! Jan - March is too busy with birthdays already, I don't want another baby late in the school year so that would mean a whole year away! I gave up thinking if other people, and all the reasons not to and just focused on the reasons to do it.

For me, my family is more important than anything. I have 3 children aged 10, 8 and 4, so this is my 4th. And I would cancel absolutely anything if one of them needed me. I am planning on taking a few months off, aslong as possible, I will be going in or making contact daily.

I would even sell it, I wouldnt close it as I still owe some money so have to pay that back lol.

Everyone has different reason for making decisions, I personally am lucky enough to be able to survive with only husbands wages, so the decision is more about what I want than what I need.

If your employees don't worry about your employer, it's frustrating because it's a lot to organise but that's not your problem or your worry. And you boss certainly shouldn't make you feel bad for it. I have been very accompanying of my member of staff who is pregnant and I'm excited for her. I certainly wouldn't take out my worries on her, I knew when employing women it is possible and it's part of the parcel with employing people.

Do what's right for you xx

Jemima :)

I have no family around cause I have struggled with our seven year old to keep my business running it still a struggle I can't develop as much as I want to and I can only just managed to work the hours I do work. That put together with my anxieties I have decided to not have a second child even know I always decided to have tea. I found my dream job I don't honestly think I could ever be employed again and being self-employed with a baby and even up to the years of seven is too difficult.

If you have the support you can afford the childcare then go for it there are plenty of jobs out there sometimes it's safer to be employed when you have a baby and after the baby is here and for May be the first couple of years and you always know your wage. It's very difficult when you're self-employed to have a baby unless you've got childcare on tap x

Latest posts

Back