• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Work Experience Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Hiya all!

I have recently qualified VTCT in Manicure and Pedicure and VTCT in Nail Art and am starting my VTCT nail tech course using NSI at the end of this month. I am looking to gain work experience in a salon on a saturday. I dont want to be paid for it I just am looking for a chance to gain some experience. I live in Westcliff in Essex and wondered if any of you peeps know anyone or own a salon in or around my area that might be able to assist me. I am 26 and this is what I want to do for a living so I would take any role offered very seriously and would work hard.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Hiya, this is just what I did when I first qualified. I personally called in at every local salon I could think of to ask them for some unpaid work experience - I was amazed at just how many said yes. Give it a go and let us know how you go on. Good luck.

Howdy :)

Thanks for your reply, I have done this also. Been calling around all the ones locally I know, I asked to speak to managers/supervisors and alot have taken my number and said they will get the managers to call me I have also left voice mails I think maybe saturday is too busy for these sort of calls?? I have had a few refuse point blank tho :cry: I am a really bubbly friendly person and have a good telephone manner but it has knocked my confidence a bit. What should I say when I phone??

cheers :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back