Working abroad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melaniexx

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Have any of you worked abroad or plan to? Iv decided I want to at some point in my life within the next 4 years before I settle down. Can anyone give me more information about working abroad as I have no clue of where to start!!! Haha.

I'm thinking Australia.... Need to know where to start looking for jobs etc?!

Thanks everyone xx

Sorry I should have said I am a beauty therapist currently studying my NC level 6 beauty. Hope to go onto hnc/hnd however spaces are very limited at the college I go to. X

Why not think about cruise ships ...?
(My friend is just going for a 9month contract, going from las Vegas to Caribbean ... She can't wait to go)

But I do know that if you go to Australia you can only stay in one job for a certain amount of time ... (another friend went about 8 yrs ago)

Good luck tho x

I worked in Australia a few years back it was the best thing I ever done!!! My advice-just do it but be prepared that when it's time to come back, you probably will not want to leave. Out of all the advice I had I wish someone told me the hardest part is when you come home. The rest is a doddle. Go out there and enjoy yourself, it a fantastic life.

I worked in Australia a few years back it was the best thing I ever done!!! My advice-just do it but be prepared that when it's time to come back, you probably will not want to leave. Out of all the advice I had I wish someone told me the hardest part is when you come home. The rest is a doddle. Go out there and enjoy yourself, it a fantastic life.

Do you have to have 50k to go out with? Does the company pay for the flights to go for the interveiw?

Do you have to have 50k to go out with? Does the company pay for the flights to go for the interveiw?

Depends on what visa you are going out there on - I'm going on a subclass 417 1 year working holiday visa next Friday and you need $5000 in the bank to prove you can support yourself whilst in Australia. They check your bank statements at customs. No company would pay for your flights for an interview I wouldn't have thought, you need to go over there and start job searching when you get there - I'm quite lucky as I'm going to live with my old boss (salon owner) who's a hairdresser so I'm going to relax for a month or so then start work x

Depends on what visa you are going out there on - I'm going on a subclass 417 1 year working holiday visa next Friday and you need $5000 in the bank to prove you can support yourself whilst in Australia. They check your bank statements at customs. No company would pay for your flights for an interview I wouldn't have thought, you need to go over there and start job searching when you get there - I'm quite lucky as I'm going to live with my old boss (salon owner) who's a hairdresser so I'm going to relax for a month or so then start work x

Cool sounds amazing im sure you will love it! X

Latest posts

Back