Working alone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cami1977

Reaction score
Hi there - right im a bit new to all this but came across this site a while ago and it has been brilliant in helping me with various business questions i have. im taking over my first salon at the end of this week after working in salons and mobile for the past 6 years so really excited :lol: however im going to be working on my own to start off with - got to keep the outgoings at a minimum to start off with! so when i have a client in for a facial or massage i have to lock the door obviously cuz cant have people just walking in - what does anyone in the same situation do? Do you put a sign in the window and if so how do you word it - i know its not idea but just cant take anyone on till business picks up - any ideas?

I work alone in a salon and have same prob, But i just put a sign on the door saying when i'm next free, sorry for any inconvience & to call back or phone and leave a message. It doesn't seem to cause any problems and most people ok about it when you explain. Regular client get to know and they ok because they wouldn't want to be disturbed in their treatment. I am thinking of get a bell but not sure if that would cause more problems?

Not sure on the bell idea as some clients really would keep ringing and ringin untill you answer. As PLJ said a simple note explaining and cleints are unstanding. Just make sure you have plenty of time for your treatments as not to leave them standing out in the rain ! x

Latest posts

Back