Working as a mobile beauty therapist?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_hkrs

Reaction score
Im thinking of going mobile, i currently rent 2 locations and 1 of them the business is just not picking up and the other place i rent for 2 days a week and its doing great but i cant rent anymore days there. I only do holistic massage treatments at the moment but am beauty qualified and miss it.

So was thinking of going mobile but wanted some advice first.

* How do you cope with the weight of couch - mine is a lightweight couch but i still find it really heavy.

* What about waxing? how do you cope with setting up for that? i have a portable wax machine but what about hot wax

* As im just starting out is it ok to use Kaeso as facial, mani & pedi's product?

* Should i start small with just spray tan and build up?

I havent much cash so can't afford much, i have, couch, car, massage, wax & tinting materials so far but would need to buy spray tan, mani, pedi, varnish, heated mitts & facial products on the cheap... think it's do able???

Any other advice you could spare would be amazing?

would you not keep renting for the two days that are busy and do mobile the rest of the time? that way your getting best of both thats what i do! it can be a pain carrying things around but you just adapt, the majority of my clients just tell me to do waxing on their bed to save me bringing bed in..and as for buying stock try to go on vat free days etc to save bit of cash or look on ebay and see if any salons are selling off job lots etc. I bought my bed on ebay for 45 pound and its fab! I also bought my roller wax system half price from sassis and went to a carboot and bought some pedi foot spas for £3.00! just steralised and scrubbed them up to look like new! good luck!:p

I agree that you should definately think about keeping on the room that is doing well at the moment.

I have never had the desire to be a mobile therapist and I have massive respect for those who do it. So much equipment to move around several times a day, setting up packing away, dealing with children and pets ... on this point I feel you should make a policy that neither will be present in the same room that you are carrying out your treatment!

I am assuming that you have no space in your home or garden from which you could set up your business.

Jacqui xx

Thanks for the advice i would most definitely keep my room on that is doing well and im still thinking of doing mobile service but had an interview yesterday at a spa for a part-time role. if i get it i will still do mobile spray tan work as it's easy but if i don't i will offer everything mobile.

Whatever happens though im keeping on my one location! I'm loving being my boss and gutted that the other location isnt working but hey ho... trial and error.

my couch is 'light weight' but its like carrying a dead body around! i kind of just hold my breath, grab it and run, it gets easier, and also you start to build up muscle in one arm. I'd jump in at the deep end and offer every treatment you can afford to start up. I have two wax pots, one with hot wax and one with warm, but you can get a second pot to go in some wax pots so you just have one and can swop it around if that makes sense :S when you are travelling though i'd get a box to put your wax pot in and pad it out with towels so it dosn't move, i have a van and my dad racked it out so i have little slots to fit my wax pot in so it dosn't splash everywhere. I agree about the foot spa, i bought one from my wholesalers and it was really heavy and hard to carry around because it was so bulky, but then i was on ebay and saw one and its amazing!!! it only cost £15 and its so little and can tip up on end and has a little handle to carry it, and when you pick it up the water disapears into the bottom! its by babyliss. i set up mobile just over a year ago and i love it! if you need any help i'm willing to help as best as i can :D

Do you mean the babyliss rainfall footspa... i love it but gave it to my boyfriend! may have to nab it back if i go for it...

Do you have a website? How easy was it for you to start up and get clients booking with you?

Thanks!

Do you mean the babyliss rainfall footspa... i love it but gave it to my boyfriend! may have to nab it back if i go for it...

Do you have a website? How easy was it for you to start up and get clients booking with you?

Thanks!

yeh thats the one!!! it's sooooo good and people with big feet can fit in it too because you can have it on a slant.
i'm not going to lie it took quite a while to set up and get my name around, leaflets are the best, i grabbed my mum and made her go round door to door with me leaflet dropping, which i still do now if i get a day off, i also put posters around but as people will always say on here, word of mouth is the best advertisment! i'll private message you my website, i designed it myself on www.wix.com because it was free, but then i pay easy space for my domain and to transfer it to my wix site, if that makes sense?

Latest posts

Back