Working for Rush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat2610

Reaction score
has anyone on here ever worked for Rush? The wages seem too good to be true. What are the like to work for

Brutally and honest, really not the best company. You have 45 minute time constraints for a cut & blowdry, 30 minutes for a blowdry. 45 minutes half head, 1 hour full head. Hi-lights are always bodged and rushed, it is irony with its name, because they are rushed badly. Their wages are competitive and go up depending what branch/franchise you are in. Company Rush salons in central London are the worst ones to work for & are managed by bad people. You work based on targets, you are pushed heavily to sell retail and treatments. It is a L'oreal only salon. If you enjoy working on Mondays & Sundays + bank holidays no extra pay, you are crazy. There is no LUO days to regain your bank holiday back...

I've never worked for Rush, but for what it's worth - those timings are industry standards.:cool:

Part of any stylist's job is to retail....to advise the client on best home care, it completes the service.

As with all businesses - even an artistic profession such as hairdressing -
we need to make a profit folks.;)

I've never worked for Rush, but for what it's worth - those timings are industry standards.:cool:

Part of any stylist's job is to retail....to advise the client on best home care, it completes the service.

As with all businesses - even an artistic profession such as hairdressing -
we need to make a profit folks.;)
Fair enough but from meeting Rush hair owners, ceos & artistic team members, no one is happy except the owners, and time constraints are pushed harder than the generic time scales. Taking into consideration with people being late, no shows, change of plans, call centres booking in the wrong service, there is a lot more than what meets the eye. I just don't think shoving retail down a clients throat to hit targets is normal. If you don't hit x amount of rebooks in your first few months you can be axed. Not to forget you have to varder with rush for a full 6 days before you can join with no guarantee of passing the vadering. Also if you leave within the first 6 months, you will be charged for training, which is upto £1000, so a months wages. Rush contracts are very invasive and you must read them carefully before signing.

I’ve been hairdressing for 14 years. Those timings I feel are unrealistic in the sense that not everyone has generic hair. Some of my clients I could do a full head highlights in an hour... most not, as most clients you have to tweak to what they want. Some want a heavily highlighted every section highlights, some prefer the more natural leave a section in between. Some of my clients have very fine hair that you think won’t take long to highlight but as their hair is so fine you see every highlight and have to weave lots of highlights but very finely which takes longer. Then you get people who walk in with masses of hair on their head which will take longer. Then you have people with strong undertones which don’t lift as well. I think you could use those timings as a guide but not assume that everyone’s going to walk in with an average head of hair. Very rarely do I have clients with an average head of hair wall through the door. Peoples expectations are much different now too. I wouldn’t want to be put under that pressure personally. Xxxxx

Latest posts

Back