Working when you have a cold

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flic22

Reaction score
How do you cope at this time of year when you have a cold? I have one now and my nose is running badly. I dont feel ill and it is usually ongoing for weeks at a time. I am just back from holidays and have my first clients in tonight after nearly 2 weeks off. How will i manage?

When I have a cold I just work through it, but I do phone all my clients and give them the option to cancel if they'd rather not risk catching it.

I always take something for it. And sanitise my hands whenever I blow/wipe my nose or cough.
I like the idea of calling to warn the clients though, will try that.

I would only call my clients who are of ill health or carers.
I do say I'm at the end of a cold and of people prefer they can reschedule.
But who's to say, if I can fit them in, that I'll be better before Christmas!
Just keep blowing/wiping, washing/sanitising. And I apologise if I sniff!

Most clients are in the same boat. Or have been recently.

I also cough and sneeze into the crook of mi elbow and you never touch anything with that!

Ah everyone's ill at the minute [emoji40].. I actually had to come home from work this afternoon as I felt so rough [emoji30] working late one night next week to reschedule my clients.
Such a pain this time of year!!

I would only call my clients who are of ill health or carers.
I do say I'm at the end of a cold and of people prefer they can reschedule.
But who's to say, if I can fit them in, that I'll be better before Christmas!
Just keep blowing/wiping, washing/sanitising. And I apologise if I sniff!

Most clients are in the same boat. Or have been recently.

I also cough and sneeze into the crook of mi elbow and you never touch anything with that!

GraceHair I presume you're hair:)

I think standing beside/behind someone with a cold is a lot more acceptable than sitting 12"-18" across a desk from a nail client

Plus I know how I feel if they come in full of cold, coughing and spitting all over me for an hour!

I always let people know if I have a cold but most still come anyway. At least if they catch it they can't say I didn't warn them [emoji4]

I get in touch with my clients to pre-warn them and give them the option to reschedule if I've got a cold etc. I've had my nails done in the past by someone streaming with cold and, to be honest, I was raging she hadn't bothered to tell me. Even more so when I then caught it ! I'd much rather lose my nail appointment than end up feeling ill for Christmas.

I tend to wear a mask when I'm streaming with cold to prevent breathing all my germs on my clients. I know this will sound disgusting but at least if your nose drips during a facial or massage the mask catches it instead of your client! [emoji85][emoji40] plus also do all the standard good hygiene like sanitising my hands with Mundo when I blow my nose or cough.

Hand hygiene is so important - especially if doing nails.

Offer Mundo Sanitizing Hand Gel to your client before AND after the treatment then they can be reassured that and germs transmitted to their hands during treatment are killed before they go home.

A face mask is also a great idea - but try and avoid the cone masks as they can make you feel hot and symptoms worse.
Ear loop masks tend to be lighter to wear and normally provide a higher filtration level.

The flip-side of course is clients who turn up full of cold, happily sneezing & coughing all over you ;)

The flip-side of course is clients who turn up full of cold, happily sneezing & coughing all over you ;)
Maybe we should spray them and slap a mask on them as soon as they come in lol
(I would actually like to)

Latest posts

Back