Would you book here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I've decided to get done semi permanent brow make up done. Ive read such a lot and done lots of research but how do you ever know for sure where to go?

The place I have in mind has someone who's photos look amazing, trained by Nouveau Contour (does that mean anything to anyone? Is this good?) has 89 x 5star reviews on Facebook and 4,500 likes

About to pay my deposit to secure my appt, any advice on anything else I should be looking for would be great!

Thank you x

Ive trained with Nouveau for lashes & they are one of the big training companies so their training & on going support is very good from a therapist point of view.

Im not an expert in it by any means, but Im sure Nouveau Contour has links to Karen Betts who is an expert in that field & did A lot of Katie Pipers cosmetic tattooing (among a lot of celeb others) That dosnt mean that the tattooist you have pick was trained by her mind...

Im a bit put off by the high number of likes if im honest- it dosnt seem like a realistic amount & im swaying towards her paying for a lot of those (not to say she did though- she could just have an amazing online following)

What do pics of her work look like? Do you know anyone thats had them done that can give you a personal recomendation?

I had mine done a few years ago & was the best thing I did! I had mone before but love them now xx

That sounds quite positive! It does say on the website that she was trained by Karen betts but the name didn't mean anything to me.

I see what you mean about the likes!

The pics look really good. Unfortunately where I live is a bit sleepy and there's nobody round here doing it, and I don't know anyone who's had it done. I'd be going about 25 miles to a nearby city.

Mine are a bit over plucked and naturally thinner- I'm pleased to hear you love yours and are glad you had them done. You're not on the south coast minkey are you?

Thanks for replying xx

Funnily enough, I had mine redone last month too. I absolutely love them.

One thing I would say is that I wouldn't go anywhere cheap to have them done - a wash and blow dry, maybe, but never something semi permanent. So maybe keep that in mind when looking at prices?

The girl who did mine is also Nouveau Couture trained - and she does regular courses with them. Are the pictures that you are seeing definitely the work of the girl you're booking with? Does she have a consultation before the actual appointment? Mine has a £50 consultation (I was in for ages the first time) where she talked through what I liked, and if there was anything in particular I wanted to focus on, etc. The £50 came off the final price when I actually had the treatment done.

Karen Betts does a lot of tattoo reconstruction - i.e. nipple tattoos after mastectomy. Her work is amazing and, as far as I can tell, she does try to visit each class, but there is no guarantee that your girl will have been personally trained by her - but her trainers will have been.

Yes Linzi I checked and it says Karen betts and Bridgette softley.

Price is £298/348, is that cheap or about right? I'd rather pay more for someone good - this is right on the front of your face after all [emoji33]

I do t know if the pics are hers, is it cheeky to ask?

Yes Linzi I checked and it says Karen betts and Bridgette softley.

Price is £298/348, is that cheap or about right? I'd rather pay more for someone good - this is right on the front of your face after all [emoji33]

I do t know if the pics are hers, is it cheeky to ask?
That seems about right to me - mine were £350 the first time and then the second time I had them she had an offer on - think it was £275? But I'd already seen her work.

Tbf, it might be... but this is on your face so I'd want to be double checking.

Yes exactly! Thanks. :)

How many sessions do you need to get the right effect? And do you need top ups to maintain it and if so how often?

Wow dearest I've seen it near me is £200 I want it done too but so nervous!

Exactly Lauren but I'm kind of thinking if I hate it I can just carry on with brow powder over the top

Anyone know how long it lasts?

My mum had hers done at a place near to us, she is absolutely brilliant and fully booked until next year, not nouveau trained though I don't think. She usually charges around £350 so price seems about right. My friend went somewhere much cheaper and honestly, they are nowhere near as good as the girl my mum went to, you get what you pay for!
I think my mums lasted around 6 months until she needed them topped up? Not completely sure though, someone correct me if I'm wrong [emoji85].

I presume their her pictures as she's had her name watermarked on them.

I've paid my deposit and booked as her work looks fab, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
So exciting! I'd love mine done but can't afford right now [emoji20]. Show us them when they're done!

Latest posts

Back