Would you do this colour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
I went to visit a new client the other day for a colour consultation. She's getting married in August and would like her hair "white blonde with lots of pink streaks" for her wedding! She has no colour on her hair and is a base 5 naturally with about 25% grey. Her hair is quite short as well and all scraggly, when I went she had an area of matted hair on one side where she sleeps. She's in a wheelchair, I don't know how this stops her from brushing her hair though. I tried to get some of the matt out and did a little but didn't have time to get it all out! She said the last time she had her hair cut her partner did a number 3 all over which explains the scraggly ends and lack of shape!
I explained that I didn't advise going for bleach blonde all over as I hate doing that anyway would rather build up with foils and especially as she's a base 5 with big dark eyebrows! Said I didn't think it would look good and she said she's had it done before and everyone said it looked nice and she'd show me a picture if she had one. The I explained the pink wouldn't last very long, it would probably be ok for the day but then fade very quickly. She said she's had pink colour from blue banana that has lasted quite well before! Oh, she also offered some "hairdressing bleach" for me to use...no thanks!
Now I'm not sure what to do, I know it's going to be a nightmare and it will look horrid but I don't know how to tell her this as it's her wedding day and she wants white and pink hair (to match her dress!) and she's not budging!
Oh and also she told me that her friend might be doing it but I'm basically a backup for if she can't! I said if I did do it it would be £85 all together over two appointments, hoping that would put her off but it didn't.
What would you do?

So.....she wants to look like a bar of Nougat? hmmmm. To be honest, I think I would steer clear. Its your reputation! She may want the colour, but its your name on it.
Its brutal, but I would be "unavailable" around the time she needs it done
xxx

So.....she wants to look like a bar of Nougat? hmmmm. To be honest, I think I would steer clear. Its your reputation! She may want the colour, but its your name on it.
Its brutal, but I would be "unavailable" around the time she needs it done
xxx

I completely agree, Id steer well clear of it! x

Going to have to agree... Steer clear!
I always feel a bit uncomfortable when I get new clients so close to their wedding, I like to build a good rapport with my clients and I think that takes a little while!

Thanks, you've assured me that the right thing to do is to not do it!
I've left her my number and she's supposed to be ringing me at the beginning of August about booking in so think I will get in touch as soon as possible but need to think of what to say to her. Hmm maybe I'm taking a last minute holiday..

I see you are going to Playa del Carmen for the month of aug.......Have fun!

Latest posts

Back