www.taond.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glam_Girl

Reaction score
Does anyone know this online website www.taond.com they are located in Ontario Canada and offer online/at home nail coarses.
I am interested in taking one of their coarses but cannot find any feedback or reviews on this company (good or bad).

ANY information at all would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to register asap but do not want to waste the time or money if it is not worth it as there are so many other options out there.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi Glam_Girl, I do not know anything about home courses but I think being in a classroom with an instructor would be preferable.

When you have questions or encounter challenges, there is nothing like having someone close by to help you out. Also, I personally prefer a hands on learning experience.

Best of luck! :)

Thank you for your quick reply!!

I know hands on is best.. which is why I liked the thought of this coarse, you can study at your own pace (and still work full time) and it does seem very hands on. The practice is done on your friends and family members (as well as nail trainer).
Where I live, the coarses to do this are about 3-4x the amount of money and anywhere beween 3-6 months longer, plus they only have enrollment I think twice a year. In any case I am trying to save money and start practicing and hopefully working soon. Unfortunatly I cant afford to go into class m-f to study the hours needed (although I would love too).

I very much appreciate your reply and input.. :)

Is there anyone on this site that has taken this at home coarse?
Or perhaps a different at home coarse within Canada??

Online courses can be great to dip your feet in the water, but almost always ends where you would would later train hands on once again. Having said that it's not always the case. I trained online and have an awesome clientele that love my work.even then I am wanting to train hands on through my chosen system (NsI) for a better qualification and a better understanding of that system in particular. Just go into it with an open mind as it rarely ever works out cheaper or easier. You have to put ALOT of work into it without the hands on instruction it can be very disheartening until you finally reach where you want to be. Can also be difficult to gain insurance once your qualified. With you saying its "quicker" once again not necaserily. PrActise takes alot of time and patience! Best of luck . Have a look through previous threads as their is a few on this topic! If its time you worried about maybe you could look into getting a one on one trainer to gain your qualification instead?

If you are watching the finances, then it only makes sense to spend what you have wisely. If that means saving to do a really good course, then that is what you should do. Buy cheap .. Pay twice. It is just silly IMO to go on a cheap quick course with no proper tutor and expect not to have to do it all over again later and for more money ... If you expect to have a business from doing nails then start by putting a business head on now and be smart with the decisions you make.

Hi, I thought you might like to hear from someone who has actually taken the course, rather then listening to opinions based on prejudiced ideas that online training is never as good. No offence to anyone ^^^:hug:
On the contrary I agree when it comes to most online training for nails. TAOND however is unique.
In fact they are the ONLY Program In The World that will earn you the Professional Designation "D.C.N.S."
As Certified by theCanadian Examing Board of Health Care Practitioners
as a D.C.N.S. In short a nail HEALTH CARE professional not just a nail technician. This gives you a suffix after your name ie: Jane Doe D.N.C.S. Kinda like adding PhD. When you become a doctor.
As for the course itself, it is very in depth and NOT a breeze. It's challenging and gives you real skills. Jennifer (owner/operator) is there for you, whenever you need her. And is very detailed in her grading critiquing and commending your work.
The TAOND Full Certificate Program has now been Internationally Accredited by WCI (World Certification Institute) which means all TAOND graduates are able to apply for the WCP (World Certified Professional) designation. That means you'll be able to use the title WCP after your name as well.

TAOND is none of its kind. I highly recommend it and I for one do not regret starting my career off by taking this course.

Latest posts

Back