Yellow Pages paid advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
I had a man call me just now on about getting me higher up the yellow pages online search for nails and beauty.
He said I could advertise in 3 local areas for 3 specific treatments for £20 a month. This would get me higher up the search list apparently. So i just wanted to know I'd anyone has ever done it and what your thoughts are.
It's a 12 month contract and I tried to ask if I can opt out after a few months. He said yes but very vaguely so was suspicious. .

If you have a 12 month contract you won't be able to able to opt out after a few months.

Be wary of any calls. This doesn't sound tooooooo correct. If you do want to advertise with yell just call them direct. All your paying for is a premium advert to put you at the top of a Yell search. You need to think how many people actually use yell compared to google.

At £20 though it's cheap. Don't forget to negotiate. You will be surprised how much they can get that lower.

I had one of these phone calls from yell today too except I was quoted £29 per month! I agree with Banner Penguin that people simply use google now they don't bother with yell or other searches and that's what I told them today when I declined 😊

Ahh I'm not sure now :/ People do use Google more, but how do I get higher on Google too?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahh I'm not sure now :/ People do use Google more, but how do I get higher on Google too?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

'Generally speaking' it's a lot harder and a lot more costly but greater reward.
It strongly depends on your website. Our websites do well in google and seem to get our clients a good amount of clients themselves. Happy them = happy us.

I did it and it was great for me! Got loads of new clients and inquires.
And when I tried to cancel the contract it was fine, I told them I lost my job etc

I've paid for an ad on yell.com it's £14.50 per month for mine and I got him to state clearly on the phone and in the email confirmation that I can opt out in February if I end up needing to change locations, despite the apparent '12 month term'. He said the proviso on this is that I am not in arrears at the time.

It's put me on the first page, 3rd ad down the page. I did it because if you search generic terms such as 'hairdresser my town" or "hair salon in insert city here" - yell.com comes up first for my town before other hairdressers websites.

It went live 9 days ago - had nothing from it yet.

Latest posts

Back