Your kids

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velevetcu

Reaction score
My nearly 3 yr old insists on using solar oil every day! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412063661.029508.jpg

Are yours budding nail techs?

Yup my 12 yo daughter is currently sporting the new Gilded Dreams Vinylux, all the colours lol and keeps nagging me that she wants to put Shellac on me :) She is forever raiding my polishes and playing with my nail art supplies on colour pops too! She also wants to come to one if the big trade shows with me as soon as she's old enough :)

My 3 year old loves to oil her nails too 😊 good job because I think she has a naughty nibbling habit which she tries to deny!

My 9 year old son is just waiting for the day I retire apparently... I'm 33!

My youngest who's now 5 months, had just had his first mani at just over 24 hours old in this pic!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1412067253014.jpg
    1412067253014.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 208
  • 1412067302072.jpg
    1412067302072.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 1412067313664.jpg
    1412067313664.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 199
My 4 year old is always asking for her nails painted and loves painting my colour pops. But is a nail biter - she is really shy and every tone she gets shy fingers straight to her mouth 😥

So how would we all feel if our kids followed us into this trade?

I'm over from the hair side, I have a nail table in the salon and when I have to (on the odd day) bring my 9 year old daughter in she sits all day playing with the training nails, I'm amazed! She's really quite talented, id hoped shed be interested in hair as I could train her up and she could take over the salon one day but I think she's going to sway towards the nail side of things, her ambitions for the future are to be a dog groomer, youtuber and a nail tech, lol she's gonna b a busy girl! :)

So how would we all feel if our kids followed us into this trade?

Mine already has. My daughter qualified in her level 3 beauty last year, and now works for me pretty much full time.

I'm delighted that I have someone who works nearly as hard as I do. I know too many people who employ their children and let them get away with murder. They don't monitor their time keeping, their attitude or their work. I said to my daughter that I would love to employ her. I would always listen to her ideas and suggestions, but ultimately this is my business. I have worked really hard to get where I am, and if she wants to join me, great, but my expectations are really high. If she was rubbish, no job!

So far she has more than lived up to my expectations, except for her addiction to the Kim Kardashian game on her phone. When she is playing that, you may as well talk to the wall.

We sometimes find we're out having a drink, and we'll suddenly make a comment about work, but we try and leave it behind, but at the moment, I couldn't be happier!!!

Vic x

Latest posts

Back