Your thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pophair

Reaction score
I have a client (pic below) who is wanting to go blonde. As you can see she is very orangy ginger colour. Just seeing what people would use. Hair was previously black. Prelightening to this colour. Hair is in a decent condition. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409264178.244062.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409264195.788071.jpg

I have a client (pic below) who is wanting to go blonde. As you can see she is very orangy ginger colour. Just seeing what people would use. Hair was previously black. Prelightening to this colour. Hair is in a decent condition. View attachment 73813View attachment 73814

Those orange parts need lifting a little a little more then id do back to back foils with a 8/1 backdrop or something cool on the 8 or 9s and then tone the highlights x

Those orange parts need lifting a little a little more then id do back to back foils with a 8/1 backdrop or something cool on the 8 or 9s and then tone the highlights x

Bleach highlights with blondor and pastel by the way x

So you'd re-bleach this, then add more bleach highlights on top? Sounds like a recipe for some seriously damaged hair to me!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So you'd re-bleach this, then add more bleach highlights on top? Sounds like a recipe for some seriously damaged hair to me!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not if the hair can take it if not then id do something else

I have a client (pic below) who is wanting to go blonde. As you can see she is very orangy ginger colour. Just seeing what people would use. Hair was previously black. Prelightening to this colour. Hair is in a decent condition. View attachment 73813View attachment 73814

I no this is not about the colour but I personally would chop into the layers slightly to get rid of the line jus a bit, looks a tad to blunt. X sorry not trying to be negative it's jus the first thing I saw.

I would strand test to see if you can lift it up more x

This is a classic reason as to why you don't just bleach the life out if black hair.

She has light roots and orange ends, this is my classic example if making a client look like a tabby cat. It's so uneven!!

Maybe if you explain what processes and formulas you've used first it would give a better idea of what to use next.

I would pack in highlights of bleach 10v and only put the bleach in them where it needs to be placed- not putting it on the already "blonde" parts but placing it on all those uneven bits . Then I would prepig in between with CT and flood with an 8. my fav -8/13.
Then id prob tone highlights after with a 9.
I would be tempted to start her at this point then try to go really blonde and muller her hair on the first go.
Get her to understand evening her out, and cleaning up the colour is the most important thing!! xx

Last edited:
I would pack in highlights of bleach 10v and only put the bleach in them where it needs to be placed- not putting it on the already "blonde" parts but placing it on all those uneven bits . Then I would prepig in between with maybe 8/34 or 8/4 CT and flood with an 8. Probably an 8/03 or my fav -8/13.
Then id prob tone highlights after with a 9.
I would be tempted to start her at this point then try to go really blonde and muller her hair on the first go.
Get her to understand evening her out, and cleaning up the colour is the most important thing!! xx

I'm surprised you would suggested re leaching without knowing what's been on there .............

I wouldn't add anymore gold or copper onto that, I would definitely try chop into the layers it would also get rid of some of the copper at the ends xx

I'm surprised you would suggested re leaching without knowing what's been on there .............

That's why I would only suggest putting it onto the parts that need it with 10v to even up those parts. not just slap it on all the previous blonde as itl probably snap off :/ x

I did a colour correction abit similar and used a similar formula a while back and this was the result then, I think to go with the 8/13 or even 7/13 flooded would give her a nice light feel inbetween those foils as the op stated she wants to go blonde.x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409309170.857866.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409309180.762694.jpg

Wow look at that before colour lol

Omg I know it was actually mind boggling! She had done it at home on the Monday and hadn't come to me until the sat so had been walkin round with this for 5 days!! :/ lol x

Omg I know it was actually mind boggling! She had done it at home on the Monday and hadn't come to me until the sat so had been walkin round with this for 5 days!! :/ lol x

Oh my god, great result it's like looming at 2 different heads, it's good she got it all cut too x

Latest posts

Back