Your website... do you link back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Link Back To The Salon Geek Site?

• Yes I do

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • No I don't

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Oooops I forgot

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
I am one who has voted "No link"

The purpose of having a website is a business tool. It is there to help promote, sell your business and hopefully bring in new clients. It is not a "toy" to be played with your mates.

Linking back to the Salon Geek has to be a big no no for me, as I would not want my potential clients to see what goes on behind the scenes and what is discussed here. The Geek is an internal forum where we can discuss our business, new techniques, critiques and sometimes have a moan. It would serve no benefit to me in attracting potential clients. As Seanny says, you would not see this in another industry (can you imagine the airline pliots geek site - "oh yeah we had a great depresurisation today - you should have seen the passengers sick bags")

In addition, I would not add links to another salons site just beacuse I know a mate / Geek who works there - imagine if they have better prices, better availability and better services. Great for business eh?

Links on websites are a business - By all means I would welcome paying links (like Sam does to upkeep the Salon Geek) or cross promote say with another local business.

And before you ask - no I dont have a website at this time as it is not a custom here to surf the internet to find a local business in Greece. We are very behind!!

Eva

Good question this, well done hotnailz (cracking domain name to get too).

What is the point in linking back? The linking is not for your benefit, or even for the benefit of your clients or website visitors. The site here, Salon Geek is the sole beneficiary of having a link on your page. Its like telling the search engines that your own website is voting for Salon Geek as a good website, ie, one that is worth visiting. The truth is that most people dont bother with links pages, and those that do use them, rarely if ever make a note of which links they visit.

So, if a client of yours whose sole interest in nails is just having nice nails, the Salon Geek isnt going to be of any interest to them, is it? To put it another way, if you were to use an online booking form to book your car into your local garage to have it serviced, would you check out the garage links page to see what you can find out re car servicing procedures?

Links are very important to making a website successful, so incoming links to Geek are mega important as Sam is also giving out lots of links to you guys. think of it as redressing the balance.

Seanny - I get it now...thanks.
Wasn't being funny, just couldn't make out why you'd link to a professional site when it would mostly be non-profs browsing your site and maybe clicking on the links (Sandi, your post explains why that may not always be the case - thanks. x)
And in that case, I will def link to SalonGeek, if it ups Sam's "rep"!!!

ps. and thanks - i love my domain name too! Was so pleased to get it! x

I voted yes,
I've linked to Salon Geek and The Nail Directory.
If anyone else would like a link added, get in touch.

Latest posts

Back