Your wedding stories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1201

Reaction score
I'm so excited my best friend has just got engaged and asked me to be her bridesmaid! I've never done it before and know there's going to be lots of planning and exciting times ahead. Oh and dresses, dresses, dresses!! I want to be the best bridesmaid ever, sooooo I need ideas......!

Hen nights, gifts, dress shopping, wedding day ideas, I want your stories! :)

I thought of putting together a scrapbook of photos and keepsakes to give on the big day but not sure what else to put in!

Omg I just got engaged 3 days ago and I've got a million things running through my head and no idea what to do with them it where to start! Your friend is lucky she has you, I'm just having my two girls (2 and 5) and my sister as bridesmaid but she's a lot younger than me and is only 16. Will have to rope friends in to try help lol.

A scrap book sounds like a fab idea then you can collect things and report back to her and her family. Good luck and congrats! Xxx

I had a wedding book when i was planning mine, it contained all my ideas, cuttings out of pictures of things that inspired me or what i wanted, contact names & numbers, deposits made, dates, guestlists, anything & everything .... i had it for 16 months while i was planning my wedding .... it came in very handy when i cancelled it all 6 weeks before the big day !!

When it comes to wedding dress ideas she can have the ideal dress in her mind, but one piece of advice is, try EVERY style on, even those you dont like cause theres a good chance it looks different on.
I know loads of brides, including myself who didnt want a certain style dress but ended up falling in love with it when you try it on.

As for your dress, make sure you have a nice one, but also make sure it doesnt outshine the bride !!

Also, dont buy the wedding magazines from the supermarket/shop .... have a look on ebay, people sell their old magazines for a fraction of the price.

& no matter how much of a bridezilla the bride gets, dont tell her shes being a bridezilla !!

Hi, I've just got married in Las Vegas! I didn't have a wedding book or anything! I did a drive through wedding in the little white chapel. It was fab!! Xx

Woooo exciting times ahead! I was going to say the same as Wonda, maybe making her a wedding planning book out of a scrapbook would be a very good, useful idea & great to look back on (especially if you include a 'pictures from the big day section at the back!). Cover it in pretty paper & embellishments (you can get cheap, small sections of paper at shops like The Range or card shops), use dividers for different sections like photographer, caterer, venue, contacts etc & make little pockets for business cards and notes, and a to-do list! I'm sure there will be someone else who's done this before so it might be worth googling it for tutorials or inspiration :)

I had a file with sections for every aspect of the wedding & everything went to plan!!

My mother in law was trying to take over plans so i gave her the job of sorting the mens suits but had gone to the shop before hand to say just take their sizes & let her choose but they made note of what i wanted!!;-)
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your replies! Will definitely be taking it all on board :) she has now chosen a venue and set the date, September next year, seems like ages but it'll go quick so better get my creative cap on!

Latest posts

Back