YouTube tutorial request!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Had a client phone to say she had seen a tutorial in YouTube and she wants we to use what the girl used!

I asked what colour she used and what effect my client was after and she said exactly the same....bright red all over! And the girl used majicontrast rouge! With 40vol on her scalp!

Then she proceeded to tell me I can get the colour from capital!!!! I politely told her I would not be doing this for two reasons!

1st because it's completely unsafe and second I don't use loreal!

Where do clients get off asking for things like this!

Had a client phone to say she had seen a tutorial in YouTube and she wants we to use what the girl used!

I asked what colour she used and what effect my client was after and she said exactly the same....bright red all over! And the girl used majicontrast rouge! With 40vol on her scalp!

Then she proceeded to tell me I can get the colour from capital!!!! I politely told her I would not be doing this for two reasons!

1st because it's completely unsafe and second I don't use loreal!

Where do clients get off asking for things like this!

Oh my god!!! You tube has a lot to bloody answer for! How rude!!! X

Oh my god!!! You tube has a lot to bloody answer for! How rude!!! X

She even told me how much two tubes would be and peroxide I needed!!! SHOCKED!!

Yeah I've seen videos on you tube telling people they can get certain colours from sallys, I have actually watched one where a girl was using majicontrast red. Sallys or salon services as I think it's called now used to sell to the public not sure if they still do, it shouldn't be allowed. Xx

Brassneck!!! 😱

Thats unbelievable!! I would have been furious if one of my clients called me up & said all that to me! You were so right to tell her you wouldn't be doing it for her - what a cheek!!:mad:

Thats unbelievable!! I would have been furious if one of my clients called me up & said all that to me! You were so right to tell her you wouldn't be doing it for her - what a cheek!!:mad:

She gave me cost price of all the colours as well she wanted me to use!! Cow lol

She even told me how much two tubes would be and peroxide I needed!!! SHOCKED!!

That's bloomin redicilous!! I'm shocked at that!! Xx

How bizarre!

If she'd watch a youtube demo and knew where to buy the products from, I wonder why she didn't just get a mate to mix it and slap it on for her :D

My God.
All so very very wrong.
Majicontrast is OFF SCALP ONLY
There is no ammonia buffers in it, so mix it with 40 and bung it on your scalp will burn the head off you.
Weeping sores anyone? Jesus, why do people just not train properly and use what they are trained for and competant to use?

My God.
All so very very wrong.
Majicontrast is OFF SCALP ONLY
There is no ammonia buffers in it, so mix it with 40 and bung it on your scalp will burn the head off you.
Weeping sores anyone? Jesus, why do people just not train properly and use what they are trained for and competant to use?

It bug me like hell when I read from
People that do this! And use bleach and 30 or 40 on scalp!!!

Oops, I hope you didn't think I was seriously suggesting that she should do it herself..?

I just wondered why she would watch an online video and source some products and then tell a professional hairdresser how to do their job. If she thought she knew best, I wonder why she didn't just get a mate to do it for her?

1. Presumably, because she trusts Bluerinse to perform a professional service?

2. Just a thought..., but is this the next step that clients will start taking to explain exactly what they want, instead of say, showing you a magazine photo or mentioning some celebrity person?

Oops, I hope you didn't think I was seriously suggesting that she should do it herself..?

I just wondered why she would watch an online video and source some products and then tell a professional hairdresser how to do their job. If she thought she knew best, I wonder why she didn't just get a mate to do it for her?

1. Presumably, because she trusts Bluerinse to perform a professional service?

2. Just a thought..., but is this the next step that clients will start taking to explain exactly what they want, instead of say, showing you a magazine photo or mentioning some celebrity person?

No no not at all chip, I've had YouTube showed to me iPhone too in salon! * smack*

Latest posts

Back