Yumi Lashes (lash lift), so many questions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujub

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there uses the Yumi Lash brand for their lash lifting? I’m based in Ireland and we have one distributor here. We’ve had the brand in our salon for years and never had any issues. In fact we found it so easy to work with and all our staff are trained now at this stage. However, about 3 months ago when we rang our distributor to re order some Yumi products they told me that they were out of stock and had been waiting for the order to arrive in from France. We had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive in (highly annoying right in the middle of the summer but anyway) The lady told me the reason for the back log is because Yumi Lashes had recently launched in the states and there was a huge demand. All stock comes from France. A few weeks later when we needed to reorder again I decided to get extra as the wait time had started to get ridiculous.

Anyway, last week I opened up one of the new boxes of the lift (and fix) sachets and worked away on a client but to my absolute horror absolutely NOTHING had happened, her lashes didn’t take AT ALL. The only difference was the tint. This has happened 3 more times this week since. We have never ever had this happen in all the years we have used the Yumi Lash brand. I just can’t seem to figure out what has gone wrong!
We (thankfully) have never had to contact our distributor before with any sort of questions/complaints but they are really not helpful. You’re dealing with two ladies that are just working on reception processing orders, who are not Yumi trained or know the real ins and outs of using the products. So I am asking my fellow lash lifters out there for any sort of expertise you can throw my way!

And lastly, I don’t see much info regarding Yumi Lashes anywhere online and I’m wondering why?! I find it a little bit odd and kinda feel like the brand is extra “secretive” or something! Also, in our training nothing was mentioned to us regarding humidity/heat/cold etc and how they affect the Yumi products. Does anyone know much about this? I’m wondering if this has something to do with the non existant lash lifts lately.

Any light that you can shed in this I would greatly appreciate! Thanks guys!

It's been in the states for a few years now I'm pretty sure. I'm in Canada and it' been here at least a year. I recently had a client in who also didn't get results from a yumi lift she had done elsewhere. I think lots of people have moved on from yumi honestly with all the other lift brands out there. The training and product cost is pretty steep and 150$ for a lift compared to the cheaper ones. Plus when I tried to find ingredient information to back up the claims of yumi being a nourishing lash treatment that "wasnt" a perm... I found nothing, which is pretty sketchy to me.

Did you have any luck with this? I am curious too. When i was looking into lash lift training Yumi was quickly eliminated from my list due to their evasive question answering. Ive emailed the local Yimi trainer here, one day class cost $2500 and you get a kit of product for about 25 clients. Found that to be a joke. When I further asked about the ingredients and if its health canada approved. Nothing. She just replied its a top secret formula. So I went with someone else who were more transparent about their training and products. I really dont feel good about not knowinf what I am putting on clients face, let alone their eyes.

Nope, but I did review the actual creator/marketers private site and there were complaints it burnt and did indeed smell like perm solution. So I think it is perm solution derived same as all other brands. I've had clients cone back saying they preferred my lifts and I had one client come in and pieces of her lash were broken off! So I think it actually has really strong solution in it, not at all natural like they are trying to say. Very misleading and sketchy. I'm not sure how you can get away with not supplying an ingredient list!

Latest posts

Back