Yummy Mummy Packages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare04

Reaction score
Hi

Not sure if this is happening to all of you, but at the moment I am surrounded by pregnant women or newborn babies. In the space of 48 hours 2 of my close friends have had babies (both girls). Which started myself and a fellow therapist thinking that we should really do more to promote our pregnancy massage etc.

Do any of you offer Yummy Mummy packages? What do you include? We were thinking pre and after birth ideas

Also does anyone do Baby Massage?

Thanks

In my salon we have a Mamma Mia! package

So far we have only had expectant mums in, but maybe I should think about promoting for after the birth aswell....

In the package we include a manicure, pedicure with everlasting polish (which is very popular, as most can't reach their feet) and a mini facial

HTH xx

I do baby massage.

When I did baby massage at a spa they used to offer a photo session as part of the deal.

I love the idea of a Mamma Mia package!

Do you find there is a lot of call for Baby Massage.

I first qualified in 1999/2000 and I did about 3 classes a week. I got loads of work through Sure Start and did their classes for 3 of their organisiations, but now every sure start has trained people in, also most of the health visitors and midwives do it too, so most people can assess it for free.

I get sparodic calls for it, but glad that I do it.

I did a class beginning of this month for 1 person (I only do one to ones know wheras I had classes of 4-18 people before). I've just had another enquiry, so perhaps do 2 sessions this month.

I do one that includes exfoliation/dry skin brushing, an aromatherapy massage, followed by a wrap to help prevent stretch marks, whilst that's they get a mini-facial to balance out any skin problems, then they are unwrapped & body cream smoothed in. I do quite a few pregnant women, and always advise they come in post-birth to keep the skin supple as it shrinks back & for relaxation purposes.

I try to concentrate on the major concerns in my treatments:

- Stretch marks
- Puffy ankles
- Heavy/tired legs
- Spotty skin
- Relaxation

However, if you are looking for a pure beauty package, it's difficult for them to get to their feet so a pedicure is a good idea (and will help with puffy feet/ankles), and a facial for any skin imbalances.

I agree, a pedicure must be the ultimate for a pregnant woman!

I did a few pregnant women a back massage but would prop loads of pillows onto the massage couch and get them to lean against them and do the massage that way.

this is totally of the subject, but i had a lady in today for a pedicure which she'd been given as a treat after having her baby girl. she had to bring her 11week old baby with her, she was the cutest little thing and was the best behaved baby i think i've ever seen! not a peep out of her!

I either do my back massage as you say, seated leaning against folded pillows/towels, or with them laying on their side in an adapted recovery position, the stomach supported by a "V" of pillows.

As for babies in the salon, I once gave a half-leg wax to one of my clients whilst she was laying on her side breast-feeding her baby! Personally I don't care much for babies, give me a puppy anyday!

Hi

I've just had a baby and been looking locally for packages like that but no one does anything for after the baby is born.

My baby is nearly 8 weeks and now would be a perfect time to have something done. I got waxed and I done my fake tan and eyebrows before the birth but now everything is starting to grow back.

I could give myself a facial but feel that after 9 months of pregnancy, the birth, then recovering after the birth then getting used to a whole new routine at home it would be a good treat.

Latest posts

Back