Zoladex injection for Hydro ThemAblator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poshfloss

Reaction score
Hi,
Just need advice, has anyone had the Zoladex injection prior to Hydro ThermAblator.
I have been given a date for just 1 injection, 4 weeks before my ThermAblator operation. Read up on side effects, said very bad headaches, hot flushes etc, but I am going on hols 2 weeks after injection. Taking my mum on her 1st cruise, don't want to be feeling rotten when taking her on a very special birthday treat.
Not sure whether I would be best to postpone until I am back off hols.
Any advice welcome. PM me if you prefer as it is not the nicest of topics to talk about. But really just need a bit of help & advice.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug: x

Last edited:
hi,
I've been on Zolodex several times because of ednometriosis and prior to a hysterectomy.
It baisicly puts your body in a 'false menapause' I found that the 'symptoms' didn't show till about the 3rd week for me.
My friend, on the other hand,in the same situation had symtpoms towards the end of the 1st week and another friend didn't seem to suffer any of the side affects while she was on it.
So i guess it's hard to say really if it will affect you sooner rather than later, or not at all.
HTH
xx:hug:xx

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I was worried as I am taking my Mum on hols for a treat, and didn't want to feel rough when away. So I have put it back 5 weeks, and now I know what to expect.
You have been a great help.

I had them prior to my hysterectomy and had all the menopause symptoms you can name while on them lol

I had them prior to my hysterectomy and had all the menopause symptoms you can name while on them lol
Hi,
I am dreading the side effects, but I only have to have one injection, prior to my op. Hoping the Hydro ThermAblator sorts me out, if not then Hysterectomy will be required :cry:.
Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back