Wax above eyebrow?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoannaELH

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering do any of you wax the hair above eyebrows I was never shown this at college but have seen a few videos on youtube where the therapist waxes above, and have to admit the results looked good but not sure if I should start doing this? Any of your thoughts would be greatly apprieciated, also is it ok to wax after an eyebrow tint? x

I only do it if a. The client requests it or b. They reeeeaaally need it due to monster brows.
It tidys up much nicer but dont use the top to shape the brow

Also yeah tint then wax is fine

funnily enough americans are the only ones i've ever had ask me to wax above the eyebrow.... i don't like to do it as when i did my training 100 years ago it was drummed into us not to ... and yep wax after tint never the other way around.

Fozzy, love that short video so simple

They should show this video in colleges, it's very easy and simple to understand! :)

So glad you posted this video, thank you :) really helpful xx

I always ask the client first. And yes waxing after tint is fine. I find it's easier as you see the hair and shape better. Hth x

Thanks for the reply's and video, think im going to stick to wot I no and maybe do it for male clients or if requested.

I always wax above the brow, I don't remove any hair from the actual hair line (unless there are hairs which clearly don't belong) just all the fluffy and stray ones.

It really helps to define the brow.

Jacqui xx

I always remove from above.

I always wax above, as previously stated, to tidy not shape. Never had my own done above tho (my mum would kill me!) until last week and omg I look so much more groomed!

I always remove from above.

Right, bit starstruck but here goes:

Kim, I have always been told NEVER to remove hair from upper brow by any means ever ever ever.

Having been for waxing and having had my own waxed or tweezed or whatever, I thought as it looked so defined and groomed, it would be ok.

But I was still too scared to do it.

Is it really ok to do?

I've tweezed the odd straggler but never a full on upper brow area removal.

Apart from this I love eyes, feel very confident and could shape brows all day, but I know this final step is holding me back from 99% perfect to 100% perfect.

H x

Kim, I have always been told NEVER to remove hair from upper brow by any means ever ever ever.

Having been for waxing and having had my own waxed or tweezed or whatever, I thought as it looked so defined and groomed, it would be ok.

Is it really ok to do?

Apart from this I love eyes, feel very confident and could shape brows all day, but I know this final step is holding me back from 99% perfect to 100% perfect.

H x

99.9% of my clients have their eyebrows waxed above - I only dont do it if they specificallly request not!

I do, however, class myself as a bit of an eyebrow freak (!), so am 100% confident in what I do! I personally think eyebrows can usually be only perfected when shaped above and below to get the shape clients need. Not just tidying up, but actually shaping - the adage of only shaping from below is totally outdated, which is why sooooooo many clients think threading is better. It is not the method of shaping that creates a good shape, it is the therapist!

If you are willling to learn more, book a class with Kim Lawless - she will show you the ropes.

hth

Last edited:
I take everyone individually some people really needed it as their brows move up the forehead and is necessary and the less is more, which I mean I won't always take what I want with a new client and get them to check an look in the mirror and tell my opinion what I think would look best

I always wax above the brow unless instructed not to do so (no one has ever asked me not to) :) I personally think it gives a better overall appearance to the shape. Just my opinion though xxx

I take everyone individually some people really needed it as their brows move up the forehead and is necessary and the less is more, which I mean I won't always take what I want with a new client and get them to check an look in the mirror and tell my opinion what I think would look best

That's what I do but reluctant to go too far above brow x

Is it really ok to do?

H x

The reason they tell you to never ever remove from above the brow line is because unless you are very careful you are going to end up with a brow that now starts halfway down from where its supposed to be.

I always tell my clients to never ever ever tweeze above the brow even though I do.

They don't know what they are doing, and they will definately not know when to stop!!!

The other thing I forbid my clients to do is try to trim their own eye brows! I do this on most eye brows but in the wrong hands this will make the brows look ridiculous!

Don't be afraid. Brush the hairs into place before you start doing anything else, you will easily see which hairs do not belong in the line.

After you have done your first above the line wax you will become more confident and they will look defined and gorgeous.

Sadly there are a lot of not very good therapists waxing out there and eye brows seem to be the sacrifice.

Brows are not a five minute job nor are they a quick way to make £10.00.

It is a skill to make an eye brow beautiful.

Is it really ok to do?

H x
Startstuck! lol I'm a legend in me own lunchtime:)

I have never not waxed above the brow, but then I never did take any notice of what I was supposed to do. It really does define the brow and give a sharper, more tailored look. I don't mean take huge amount off of the main brow but I certainly would remove some of it if needed.

Try this with tweezing rather than wax if you're nervous and take your time. Go on………I dare you. x

Latest posts

Back