Home tanning rooms!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizaberryman

Reaction score
Hi girls so here is a post on our tanning rooms! Iv just moved house so currently sorting out my new BIGGER tanning room! Want to keep this one alot cleaner, it's hard with all the over spray, I don't have alot but it seems to cling on on to everything so I'm gonna keep it minimalistic! Any ideas on what to do but to make it look nice? Also to keep my tent clean iv put two hot pink towels inside then on the outside iv put a hot pink rug that I got from argos, a bargain! Iv gone for laminate floor so I can mop it. What are your rooms like? And anyone have any top tips? And money saving tips? (sticky feet ect) x if you have pics of your rooms please post! X

Im interested in this too....i only have a small tanning room and am looking at getting rid of the mobile tent and using something else to create more space - i was thinking a large room divider but not sure if it will work? xxx

Maybe do like a wet room so tyle everywhere maybe? X

Anyone else? X

Best thing is probably an spray tan extractor - not cheap but when you consider the cost of cleaning, repainting etc it will pay for itself!
Or have a brown room ;) xx

They are expensive, are there any alternatives? X

I had a tan at a girls house a couple of weeks ago, she had hooks on the ceiling and when the tent was up she hooked tarpoline/sheet of plastic up? So it was cordoned off! I thought it was a fab idea!

Oh wow fab idea, love hearing what people come up with! X

I agree with Rachael, without an extractor, the over-spray will settle and cause discolour, and generally be a pain in the bum lol, you can buy small units for around £300 ish, not a small investment but as mentioned, constantly clean, re-paint etc and wet board will cost a lot more than that as would tiles etc, xx

Here's a few pictures of my home tanning room, not finished yet but nearly done :0) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669076.385598.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669076.385598.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 982
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669159.705472.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669159.705472.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 435
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669186.580299.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669186.580299.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 471
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669210.618643.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332669210.618643.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 425
Updated x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332677169.669635.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332677169.669635.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 491
Hi, the ceiling of my room is really low so I have perspex on the walls. Really easy to clean down and as its transparent you can put posters/pictures up behind without getting ruined. Just make sure it fits snuggly against the wall and use clear sealant round the edges to make it totally sealed. Also Kitchen paint on ceilings and walls so spray doesnt stickand stain it and washes off easily xx

How about putting UPVC on the walls (think its called this ) its so easy to clean. It's like tiles but without the grout. It comes in a strip board and they click together just like flooring. You get all different colours, cream marble , blue, black etc. Then on the ceiling you can put white on or whatever colour you want. You also get wet wall especially for bathrooms but would work in this room. Again so easy to clean but this comes in sheets so just cut to required size. Depending on what size sheets come in. If you want any advice about this call a joiner they would be able to give you more advice:)

Home made sticky feet! X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332689094.914409.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332689094.914409.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 376
Any one else have pics x

Hello Lizaberryman!

I am thinking about doing a home Tanning Room, I have just qualified and want to get things going. Your room looks amazing!! Where did you get the littlie storage thing for your solutions....I need something like that!!

x

Hi liz I got it from Argos! It was only like £25 or something like that, ideal for my solutions and bits. I only do tannin from home it's much easier for me x good luck! What solution do you use. X

Your room looks lovely lizaberryman x x

Latest posts

Back