2 months without pay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi_xxx

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right place, please move if it isn't :)
I'm just looking for some advice & sorry it is so long!

I started a part time job 8 weeks ago as a cleaner.
As I am on JSA, not proud of that and want to get off it as soon as poss.. I find it a struggle to live.

So basically my employer gave me forms to fill in with my bank details on etc.. The envelope they gave me didn't have a postcode so I thought it wouldn't get there so I got an address of their website.
I had to ask them if they had received anything yet and they said No and they would issue me new forms.

It was another good couple of weeks till i got the new forms, filled it in etc.. and my employer came in and took the forms and told me I had to get a better photocopy of my Passport ID. Don't see why, the one I gave them was good enough?

Anyways the next day I went into work with my passport and photocopied it so it was a better version. Bearing in mind by this time I had been working there for a good month.
They said they would come in and collect it.. they never did. I had to phone them for 50th time to be told I had to fax it! and that they need a photocopy of my card part of my driving license! Why they couldn't of told me that in the first place I have no idea! It is unnecessary for them to need 2 IDs, apparently its 'company policy'
What kind of cleaning company doesn't supply bleach or loo rolls by the way?
There wasn't a fax machine in work so I had to pay to do it.. Another week has gone by.. so i phone them again. Now to find out my fax wasn't clear enough!
I asked when I will receive any wages and they said this week. That didn't happen of course.

By this time I'm really peeved off.
So I phoned them, yet again! And was really off with them and said if you don't sort this soon I am leaving.. I was told somebody will come in and collect my Passport & my driving licence. So today they did. FINALLY.
But was actually quite rude to me asking me why aren't I cleaning? MAYBE I WOULD IF YOU PAYED ME !

After all the lies and excuses as of now I am waiting to see if I am payed at the end of this week.
2 months I have worked there! Without pay!

What do you guys reckon ? Should I take it further if I'm not payed this week?

No I don't find it acceptable. Even if they did not have your details, they should still have made a payment to you - they could have adjusted it when they had all the information required.

Are you PAYE? Are they are reputable company?

No I don't find it acceptable. Even if they did not have your details, they should still have made a payment to you - they could have adjusted it when they had all the information required.

Are you PAYE? Are they are reputable company?

Exactly. Yes and they are called MITIE. Quite a large company actually

That's no good chick. I'd give them till the end of the week and if you've not been paid then I'd take it further, maybe speak to someone at the Job centre or citizen advice. I know you won't want to be working for free but it's better than sitting around and they HAVE to pay you soon. Hope you get this sorted, nothing worse than being skint at this time of year. Let us know how you get on

:) xxx

That's no good chick. I'd give them till the end of the week and if you've not been paid then I'd take it further, maybe speak to someone at the Job centre or citizen advice. I know you won't want to be working for free but it's better than sitting around and they HAVE to pay you soon. Hope you get this sorted, nothing worse than being skint at this time of year. Let us know how you get on

:) xxx

Thanks lovely :) Yes that's what I'm going to do and then speak to the CAB. They do owe me alot of money but that isn't the point :/ 4 weeks till christmas Uhh Ohhh! xxx

Have you thought about going to college or into training? 10hours a week and on jsa must be hard to get by on but good on you for sticking in a job :)

Xxx

Have you thought about going to college or into training? 10hours a week and on jsa must be hard to get by on but good on you for sticking in a job :)

Xxx

College & training I both have to pay as I'm over 18 so its hard :/ I'm trying to save for beauty/nail training :) xxx

College & training I both have to pay as I'm over 18 so its hard :/ I'm trying to save for beauty/nail training :) xxx
If you're on JSA you should get college courses free, and and training may be discounted for you.

Not sure what to suggest about the job situation, but good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

If you're on JSA you should get college courses free, and and training may be discounted for you.

Not sure what to suggest about the job situation, but good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

I know but because I work part time, they were going to take all my JSA off me at one point for working 10 hours :/ Thanks!

I know but because I work part time, they were going to take all my JSA off me at one point for working 10 hours :/ Thanks!

Oh heck that's rotten. They really don't help people who are trying to help themselves do they?
I had all sorts of trouble trying to put myself through college (under 15 hours a week) and look for work at the same time. It was just hassle the whole way through.
Really feel for you.
Would a part-time evening course help? Again, it *should* be free for you being on JSA, and it shouldn't interfere with your job seeking/part-time job?

Oh heck that's rotten. They really don't help people who are trying to help themselves do they?
I had all sorts of trouble trying to put myself through college (under 15 hours a week) and look for work at the same time. It was just hassle the whole way through.
Really feel for you.
Would a part-time evening course help? Again, it *should* be free for you being on JSA, and it shouldn't interfere with your job seeking/part-time job?

Yeahhh I said to them I'm looking at beauty courses but they are expensive and they said this is job seekers allowance we can't help you with that :eek:
Ahhh evening courses are worse, you can only get them free/discounted if they are day time which suck! Its either a job.. or a course :/

Yeahhh I said to them I'm looking at beauty courses but they are expensive and they said this is job seekers allowance we can't help you with that :eek:
Ahhh evening courses are worse, you can only get them free/discounted if they are day time which suck! Its either a job.. or a course :/

How odd :(
Have you spoken to your local colleges (not private ones), about that, as it's them that offer the free course, not the Job Centre people.

About 8 of the girls on my hairdressing evening course are all on JSA/Working tax credits and all got the course free (via the college) they also got their uniforms and kits paid for via a college bursary.

Hmm. It's a dilemma. There must be some help out there.

How odd :(
Have you spoken to your local colleges (not private ones), about that, as it's them that offer the free course, not the Job Centre people.

About 8 of the girls on my hairdressing evening course are all on JSA/Working tax credits and all got the course free (via the college) they also got their uniforms and kits paid for via a college bursary.

Hmm. It's a dilemma. There must be some help out there.

It's nice speaking to someone who understands where I'm coming from because most people would be like work hard and you'll do it eventually.

Yeah I've spoken to one who has courses starting in Jan
The price of the course is £495 (including materials and registration fee). Tuition will be free if you are in receipt of JSA, work related ESA or if this is your first full Level 2 qualification. There may be a registration fee to pay

But that would interfere with my part time job :/

It's nice speaking to someone who understands where I'm coming from because most people would be like work hard and you'll do it eventually.

Yeah I've spoken to one who has courses starting in Jan
The price of the course is £495 (including materials and registration fee). Tuition will be free if you are in receipt of JSA, work related ESA or if this is your first full Level 2 qualification. There may be a registration fee to pay

But that would interfere with my part time job :/

Well that course looks really promising. :) Go for it, at least enrol and see if you get a place. Then you can sort out the other bits.

As you mentioned, you are having problems with your p/t job. Is it possible, if you're still there in January, that they could alter your hours? So they suit you? So swap to early's or lates?

I'm not on JSA anymore hon (that was about 5 years ago), but a lot of the girls at college are.

I was trying to do 14.5 hours a week at college, and the amount of drama they caused, hauling me in every week to explain why I was at college... Well durrrr because I'm trying to re-train to get a better job, so I don't have to claim JSA!! My JSA team were bad :( I really do feel for you.

They make you feel worse than if you were sat on your bum doing nothing rather than trying to help yourself.

Really, wish you luck with this. :D

Well that course looks really promising. :) Go for it, at least enrol and see if you get a place. Then you can sort out the other bits.

As you mentioned, you are having problems with your p/t job. Is it possible, if you're still there in January, that they could alter your hours? So they suit you? So swap to early's or lates?

I'm not on JSA anymore hon (that was about 5 years ago), but a lot of the girls at college are.

I was trying to do 14.5 hours a week at college, and the amount of drama they caused, hauling me in every week to explain why I was at college... Well durrrr because I'm trying to re-train to get a better job, so I don't have to claim JSA!! My JSA team were bad :( I really do feel for you.

They make you feel worse than if you were sat on your bum doing nothing rather than trying to help yourself.

Really, wish you luck with this. :D

Actually I will go for it :D I have nothing to lose! I could alter my hours didnt think of that :lol: Being on JSA is depressing they don't help you at all and they put me down about wanting to go into the beauty industry!

Thank you very much :) xx

Actually I will go for it :D I have nothing to lose! I could alter my hours didnt think of that :lol: Being on JSA is depressing they don't help you at all and they put me down about wanting to go into the beauty industry!

Thank you very much :) xx

Fantastic, good for you!! You can do this.

Don't let them grind you down, and you can always swap your hours, or find a little p/t job that suits with it.

I know exactly that feeling of the JSA not helping, believe me :( And you're 100% right, you feel bad enough being on benefits as it is, without them making it worse.

Good luck Sammi:D

Fantastic, good for you!! You can do this.

Don't let them grind you down, and you can always swap your hours, or find a little p/t job that suits with it.

I know exactly that feeling of the JSA not helping, believe me :( And you're 100% right, you feel bad enough being on benefits as it is, without them making it worse.

Good luck Sammi:D

Why are you so nice? Haha
I could easily swap my hours, they'd be fine with it :)
And its perfect for me as i'm very impatient :)

See, good to talk to someone who knows exactly what its like

Thankyouuu!!!! :D

Why are you so nice? Haha
I could easily swap my hours, they'd be fine with it :)
And its perfect for me as i'm very impatient :)

See, good to talk to someone who knows exactly what its like

Thankyouuu!!!! :D

Awww bless you!!

I just feel for you. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt, and came out the other end. So I know it can be done. And it's just so nice to hear that someone is trying to make things better for themselves.

So go you!!
Let us know how you get on!! :D

Awww bless you!!

I just feel for you. Been there, done it, got the t-shirt, and came out the other end. So I know it can be done. And it's just so nice to hear that someone is trying to make things better for themselves.

So go you!!
Let us know how you get on!! :D

Exactly, most people associate JSAs with sitting on their bum all the time which I can't stand doing!

I will dooooo :D

Aww my heart warmed there reading you positive attitude. You can be stuck in a rut for a long time without truly noticing until that 1 person says the right thing and puts light on your path. Good luck chick!!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back