2 months without pay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused: no one else can do it for you

£65 x 2 months is over £500

I meant they are the ones meant to be sorting it, not me haha!

It is when I finally get it i'll be looking forward too it :D

hiya chick, sorry you're having a hard time right now but there are things that are there to help you out.

If you don't have any nvq's you get your first level 2 & 3 paid for. This is how I got my nvq's in beauty therapy. I had to pay for other private courses myself nails, lashes etc but I did this as time went on and I managed to save bits and bobs up.

I also worked 21 hours a week and received tax credits so its worthwhile popping into your local colleges student services to see what help is available.

It is absolutely ridiculous for them to expect you to have gone this long without a wage and I hope this gets resolved soon and that any of the info above has helped xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

hiya chick, sorry you're having a hard time right now but there are things that are there to help you out.

If you don't have any nvq's you get your first level 2 & 3 paid for. This is how I got my nvq's in beauty therapy. I had to pay for other private courses myself nails, lashes etc but I did this as time went on and I managed to save bits and bobs up.

I also worked 21 hours a week and received tax credits so its worthwhile popping into your local colleges student services to see what help is available.

It is absolutely ridiculous for them to expect you to have gone this long without a wage and I hope this gets resolved soon and that any of the info above has helped xx

Hello there :D Yesssss I have one in mind in Jan, get it free if am on JSA or its my first full level 2 and I have both :D
&& of course I totally wouldn't mind paying for extras its just the first NVQs am worried about, id rather have them first then jumping straight into it

Ahhh yes I'll keep that in mind :D It is, having to borrow money of my mum for christmas? seriously?
Everyone's been sooooo helpful! :D xx

its good that you have such a positive outlook on the full thing I think I would be slashing mitie tyres by now lol (only joking)

Just think of how different next christmas will be when hopefully you'll be well on the road to a new career.

Best of luck hun and make sure to get yourself a little treat with some of that backdated money, you deserve it after all this :)

its good that you have such a positive outlook on the full thing I think I would be slashing mitie tyres by now lol (only joking)

Just think of how different next christmas will be when hopefully you'll be well on the road to a new career.

Best of luck hun and make sure to get yourself a little treat with some of that backdated money, you deserve it after all this :)

Awwwww haha :D I do feel like doing that though!
Yes my treat will be my courses! && hopefully next christmas i will be :D

You email your manager but at the same time cc the HR & payroll dept. Your click the delivery and read receipt options. You ring your manager to confirm receipt and get him/her to confirm that your wages to date will be paid directly into your account no later than Friday 9th and that you want written confirmation of this via email. And you mither until you get it.

You also inform them that as this has dragged on for so long and not been resolved you will be contacting both the CAB and ACAS.

You contact ACAS 08457 47 47 47

You can also write (recorded delivery) to your Payroll dept, send a copy to their HR director, used to be Katherine Thomas, I believe her PA is Karen Bate, stating the hours you have worked etc.

There are a lot of options open to you.

I agree with this. Believe me, if they want to and you kick up enough fuss they can do it regardless of their systems.
It's horrible, but look at it as a steep learning curve in how to deal with these sorts of people, and look forward to your training and your new career.

I agree with this. Believe me, if they want to and you kick up enough fuss they can do it regardless of their systems.
It's horrible, but look at it as a steep learning curve in how to deal with these sorts of people, and look forward to your training and your new career.

I just can't believe this at all, i always have problems with money. It just must be me :eek:
Dont worry though I'll get that money!
Thankyou so much :D

Hey sammi there a right old company too work for!!! I cleaned 3 of the banks in Grimsby working for mitie, I had initial problems getting my wages!! Think it took 6 weeks (they paid fortnightly when I worked for them! I do believe it is monthly paid now though as my friend still works for them) anyway I worke for them for 3 years & left for a better suited job, most pay days if be short & phone up supervisor to check what the hell was happening!! Arggg lol
In a nut shell though there a crap company to work for BUT a job is a job at the end of the day, hopefully you will have been paid soon! Good luck x

Hey sammi there a right old company too work for!!! I cleaned 3 of the banks in Grimsby working for mitie, I had initial problems getting my wages!! Think it took 6 weeks (they paid fortnightly when I worked for them! I do believe it is monthly paid now though as my friend still works for them) anyway I worke for them for 3 years & left for a better suited job, most pay days if be short & phone up supervisor to check what the hell was happening!! Arggg lol
In a nut shell though there a crap company to work for BUT a job is a job at the end of the day, hopefully you will have been paid soon! Good luck x

Trust me to work for these bunch of idiots! Arghhhh :( Glad to see other people have had problems with them though and its not just me :lol: its taken me 8 weeks so far! Absolute joke
Thankyouuuuu!!!!! I'll need it :( x

Hey guys, I went the CAB today and they will be sorting it for me but I phoned the HR dept again and they said i'd be paid the 9th. Should I believe them? :eek:

Hi sammi, i'm just butting in, haven't read through properly but just saw the word mitie and had to reply! my husband worked for a company and the contract got taken over by mitie, he didn't get paid for 3 months and they blamed not receiving his p45 from the company that they'd taken over which was utter lies. it put us under major financial stress and he had no choice but to leave and find a totally different job and its the best thing he ever did. he never did get paid although he tried and tried with different forms but it was excuse upon excuse with mitie. don't give up trying with them and good luck with joining the beauty industry;)

I hope that karma bites everyone at mitie whos giving you a bad time in the......

It's disgusting that companys think they can treat people like this. I too have worked for a company that took the mick and it's so so so wrong. I think more needs to be in place legally to prevent companies from getting away with this...like they should be made to pay a fine for financial negligence to their employees...I'm sure they'd all get off their backsides then.

Totally feeling for what you're going for OP. You have such a strong attitude and I admire that.

Definately speak to some unions and get some sort of legal professional involved if this is possible. Companys should not be able to get away with this.

Big hugs to you!

Hey guys, I went the CAB today and they will be sorting it for me but I phoned the HR dept again and they said i'd be paid the 9th. Should I believe them? :eek:

Dont believe a word. Please.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Hi sammi, i'm just butting in, haven't read through properly but just saw the word mitie and had to reply! my husband worked for a company and the contract got taken over by mitie, he didn't get paid for 3 months and they blamed not receiving his p45 from the company that they'd taken over which was utter lies. it put us under major financial stress and he had no choice but to leave and find a totally different job and its the best thing he ever did. he never did get paid although he tried and tried with different forms but it was excuse upon excuse with mitie. don't give up trying with them and good luck with joining the beauty industry;)

Oh realllyyy? :eek:
He should of took legal action!
They keep blaming it on my IDs :| and they havn't asked for my P45 again because I sent it in the post that never got to them so if that is their next excuse I won't be impressed

But thankyou very much! I can't wait to start it all :D

I hope that karma bites everyone at mitie whos giving you a bad time in the......

It's disgusting that companys think they can treat people like this. I too have worked for a company that took the mick and it's so so so wrong. I think more needs to be in place legally to prevent companies from getting away with this...like they should be made to pay a fine for financial negligence to their employees...I'm sure they'd all get off their backsides then.

Totally feeling for what you're going for OP. You have such a strong attitude and I admire that.

Definately speak to some unions and get some sort of legal professional involved if this is possible. Companys should not be able to get away with this.

Big hugs to you!

The CAB are going to help me I dont believe I'll be getting paid the 9th.
My boyfriend works as an assistant chef in a pub and he has worked 50 hours a week for 2 weeks with one day off. Yes just ONE.
How can employers get away with treating their staff the way they do?

Awww thanks :hug:

Dont believe a word. Please.

I'll wait and see :eek: i am so stressed because of this

The CAB are going to help me I dont believe I'll be getting paid the 9th.
My boyfriend works as an assistant chef in a pub and he has worked 50 hours a week for 2 weeks with one day off. Yes just ONE.
How can employers get away with treating their staff the way they do?

Awww thanks :hug:

Thats because people NEED their jobs. They HAVE to keep them in order to manage these days. Employers know that...

However, i want to believe that for each bad one there are 10 good ones.:)

I'll wait and see :eek: i am so stressed because of this

Seeing is believing :) keep your chin up ;-)

Thats because people NEED their jobs. They HAVE to keep them in order to manage these days. Employers know that...

However, i want to believe that for each bad one there are 10 good ones.:)

I know! Hence why I want to become self employed, have a salon etc :)
But I can't do that without a job
Will all pay off in the end :)

Latest posts

Back