2 months without pay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And demand to be paid in check! Asap. I cant help you with numbers, im sorry but you must stand for your rights.they WILL eventually do what they have to fo but you MUST stay on their case every day a few times a day.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Check, got it. So glad I asked for advice on here :D

I tried ringing them, no answer. I'll try again later

This is so typical :) and then when someone will answer they will tell you that the person you are looking for is on a break / day off/ holidays / meeting / training. Once my friend decided to call them while i was beside her. The phone was ringing for well over 30 mins with no answer. And she was calling control room - they are supposed to be there for you in case of emergency. In 30 mins so many things could happen. By the time theyd answer youd die

Being paid by cheque will take much longer. If they have your bank details they can have it in your account within 3 days. But if you would like to wait for them to put you on the next cheque run (usually every other week at the most), rather than the payroll run (every week) and then rely on the Christmas post + 3-5 days bank clearing time for cheques then yes insist on a cheque.

This is so typical :) and then when someone will answer they will tell you that the person you are looking for is on a break / day off/ holidays / meeting / training. Once my friend decided to call them while i was beside her. The phone was ringing for well over 30 mins with no answer. And she was calling control room - they are supposed to be there for you in case of emergency. In 30 mins so many things could happen. By the time theyd answer youd die

Haha Im on hold at the moment Lets see how long I wait :/

Being paid by cheque will take much longer. If they have your bank details they can have it in your account within 3 days. But if you would like to wait for them to put you on the next cheque run (usually every other week at the most), rather than the payroll run (every week) and then rely on the Christmas post + 3-5 days bank clearing time for cheques then yes insist on a cheque.

Ahhh damn it, i forgot about that. They do have my bank details, that would be quicker :lol:

Oooh i didnt think of that. A few years back (the last time i was paid by cheque as payroll didnt transfer enough) my manager just brought a cheque down to me the next day :) mind you, i worked for a much more reliable employer :)

They have to email my manager and apparently i'm not on their system whatttt!

Wtf?

I know! I've never been more angry in my life! Looks like i'm not gonna be getting paid before christmas. Just great

I know! I've never been more angry in my life! Looks like i'm not gonna be getting paid before christmas. Just great

Shame you can't charge them interest! Bloody Scrooges!!!

Shame you can't charge them interest! Bloody Scrooges!!!

I know ! If i hadn't of phoned them then I wouldn't of found out, would of continued to work for free :|

I know ! If i hadn't of phoned them then I wouldn't of found out, would of continued to work for free :|

So whats next? Do you really believe that THEY will send that email? I wouldnt trust them :-/

So whats next? Do you really believe that THEY will send that email? I wouldnt trust them :-/

Uh Oh! What else can i do except keep harassing them

Uh Oh! What else can i do except keep harassing them

Call your manager (not supervisor) yourself. Actually, call every single number you have / can get and do it constantly. Its the only way :-(

Call your manager (not supervisor) yourself. Actually, call every single number you have / can get and do it constantly. Its the only way :-(

I do call my manager, each time its 'you'll be getting paid this week'

You email your manager but at the same time cc the HR & payroll dept. Your click the delivery and read receipt options. You ring your manager to confirm receipt and get him/her to confirm that your wages to date will be paid directly into your account no later than Friday 9th and that you want written confirmation of this via email. And you mither until you get it.

You also inform them that as this has dragged on for so long and not been resolved you will be contacting both the CAB and ACAS.

You contact ACAS 08457 47 47 47

You can also write (recorded delivery) to your Payroll dept, send a copy to their HR director, used to be Katherine Thomas, I believe her PA is Karen Bate, stating the hours you have worked etc.

There are a lot of options open to you.

I do call my manager, each time its 'you'll be getting paid this week'

Any chance you can send them all emails? That way you will have written proof. Even text messages will serve as a proof.

I dont know if i am correct here, but i would write them an email stating every single detail, such as:

When you started to work, what you posted (with dates) responses you got, copies you made/ originals given, phone calls made, faxes sent and responses given.

Record dates and times of phonecalls and what was said. See, if its in written form, at least you have something to fall back on. Otherwise its your word against theirs.

This is what i would do, and if i am not right in advising to do so, please someone correct me :)

wow theres alot of options.. all this just to get £65 a week! :'(

If you want a job doing, do it yourself!

Latest posts

Back